(NOAH) POST MATCH PROMOS - N-1 VICTORY 2020 NIGHT 2 (20th September 2020, New Sunpia Takasaki, Gunma)

NAOMICHI MARUFUJI

MARUFUJI (slumping on the floor out of breath): I'm not going to get tired! (Panting) I'm not tired at all! (Panting) I can do it, I can do it! I'm not out of breath (Pants)
Q: You were pushed a lot, but...
MARUFUJI: That's his true strength! I'm in good condition these days. But! Look! One breath! (Panting) Troubled...No. I can do this. 
Q: This will be your first VICTORY in the N-1 in two years? 
MARUFUJI: Shut up (laughs) How to say it? It's prickly...but what's what it is. Well, it's a big deal! How many years since his debut? Two years? Two years into mine, I was still wearing green pants. I was surprised. Well, that's fine now, but you grow older. A word of advice to you, "Growing older" (does not translate well, he's kind of more saying that with age comes experience). 


GO SHIOZAKI
"Since the start of the N-1, I have been watching each official match, but the guy who is rude about this N-1 won't go up. I won't forgive the rude wrestlers. We stand in the ring, and we fight for the N-1 championship. I will absolutely not ever forgive the guy who makes a fool of it! I won't end it like this! I AM NOAH!"

KAITO KIYOMIYA
"I was really disappointed to draw with Mochizuki at the N-1 the day before yesterday, but I found that the N-1 was so powerful that it ignited my heart. The new scenery, my thoughts on the GHC are not ordinary. I will definitely show it to you at the N-1!"


KATSUHIKO NAKAJIMA
Nakajima is lying spreadeagled on the floor

NAKAJIMA: He...I wish he goes up. (STANDS) N-1 VICTORY? It's crap. It's rotten. 


MANABU SOYA
"I got points in the second round of the league match! This one win is big! I will connect this victory to the next. Same unit? I'm not doing this with good friends, everyone has come here aiming to be the best, and everyone is aiming for the top. That is why I can't lose! I will keep this feeling for the rest of the matches! 


KAZUSHI SAKURABA

Q: Looking back on the match with Mochizuki? 
SAKURABA: I've been in the ring once before with him (against The Great Muta and Magical Immortality), low kick is heavy, the power is different from mine. 
Q: There was also the scene where you were on the verge of a KO with a high kick 
SAKURABA: That happened about twice...it was different from the Muay Thai style that I used to do. It's hard to read the trajectory.
Q: You won your first points in the N-1? 
SAKURABA: I don't think that the league matches are particularly in my head, and I take them one by one. I think if I can clear the matches and leave a result, it will be a good result. Next is Korakuen Hall. To that extent it would be nice if I could take today's damage and make it into my own style. 
Q: Next is Shiozaki? 
SAKURABA: Ah...he is big, and his hands are huge, but I think I will throw a chop. The pain is different from Marufuji's. It's hard to hit repeatedly with how heavy that hand is, but I might be stubborn when it's done and strike back with chops of my own, but I don't know effective my chops will be (laughs). 
Q: Shiozaki is now injured in both arms
SAKURABA: Well, the arms, it's common sense to aim at your opponents bad parts, so yes, I will do my best. 

MASAAKI MOCHIZUKI
"My first match was a 30 minute draw, and I was out of breath. I'm not out of breath today, but...I gave up in no time. This is Pro Wrestling! This is Kazushi Sakuraba! It's a strange feeling to be fighting really. It may be strange to say this, but I had a longing for a moment for "the strong Kazushi Sakuraba". Well, I was able to dive in in my own way. One loss and one draw. There might not be much time left, and it may be game over if I'm not good at it, but I will fight for three more matches until the end. I hit a high kick, but it wasn't deep, and Sakuraba had enough stamina to fight a lot of strikes. There was no "response", so I immediately followed it up with a twister. I wanted to take it with that, but I had to spend more time putting it together, but Sakuraba gave off an atmosphere that it might be difficult to do, I couldn't really put it together. Well, that's when there was the return at the end. 


TAKASHI SUGIURA

Q: You said that you didn't even have to get to top gear for Taniguchi
SUGIURA: No, I had to put it on (bitter smile) He was dangerous, wasn't he? 
Q: Did you feel a different spirit from the Taniguchi of the past? 
SUGIURA: Yeah, did you see it? Wouldn't it be nice if he always looked like that? But he has to get results. He will forever be a "Good Fight Man", young people are good, even the good fight man, and he has already a result don't you think? (rough)
Q: This is your second consecutive win. 
SUGIURA: I'm going to Korakuen in good form. Looking at my schedule, I think that the two consecutive Korakuen battles will be a climatic scene against opponents. If I weather the storm and win both of them, it will be a lot easier at Korakuen on October 4th when the finals will be decided. So, at the next Korakuen at the two consecutive matches, be careful as I will be in top gear. 
Q: The next opponent is Marufuji? 
SUGIURA: I'm looking forward to it. Even outside of the N-1, we haven't fought a single recently. It's a good situation that to win, it will bring me closer to the N-1 final. 
Q: Are you conscious of there being a unit battle? 
SUGIURA: Well, I'd like to interact with the M'S Alliance, but for now this is a match in a singles league, and there is the most delicious opponent, Naomichi Marufuji, who is right in front of me, and that's right now. 

Picture credit: Noah.co.jp 

Comments