(NOAH) Press conference before the N-1 VICTORY 2020.


17th September 2020
Proresu-today.com

Eleven wrestlers (excluding Masaaki Mochizuki of DragonGate) attended the press conference today, and talked about the wrestlers who they are enthusiastic about and conscious of in the same block, and the wrestlers who they want to fight in the finals. 

Block A is Go Shiozaki, Kaito Kiyomiya, Masa Kitamiya, Manabu Soya, Masaaki Mochizuki and Kazushi Sakuraba. Block B is Kenoh, Naomichi Marufuji, Takashi Sugiura, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Shuhei Taniguchi & Yoshiki Inamura. Both blocks will fight for victory in the final match which will be held on Sunday October 11th at the EDION Arena Osaka 1st Stadium. 
Comments from each wrestler is as follows.

Ring announcer Ally read the comment of Masaaki Mochizuki, who was absent: 

MASAAKI MOCHIZUKI
"I am grateful to be able to participate in the N-1 VICTORY for the second consecutive year. Currently, I am part of the M'S Alliance, but this will be an individual fight. Another meaning of participating from another promotion is to re-evaluate. I will fight with a focus on advancing to the finals, and the victory that I missed last year. I am looking forward to my first singles with all the wrestlers."

BLOCK A 

MANABU SOYA
"This is my first time participating in the N-1, so I want to make achievements and win the championship"

MASA KITAMIYA
"Regardless of the average year, I want to fight greedily for the victory. Although A block is a block with habitually strong wrestlers, I will stick to the belief of Masa Kitamiya and powerfully grab the long sought first victory."

KAITO KIYOMIYA
"I still remember the regret of the moment I lost to Shiozaki on January 4th. From that day on, I have been fighting thinking about what I was lacking, and now I am jumping into new views of the world, and my feelings are changing. I can't wait for the N-1 VICTORY league to start tomorrow. There are some details that I can't predict, but I would like to prove my strength in this league and go the GHC match". 

KAZUSHI SAKURABA
"This is Sakurana, thank you. There are many big people among the members of this group, but injured or not, I think it would be great if I could do my best one by one to win the championship."

GO SHIOZAKI
"There are opponents in the N-1 VICTORY 2020, who Go Shiozaki has to fight as individuals. "WINNER" I have only seen that word. I am NOAH".

Q: Please tell us who you want to mark in this block, and who you want to fight in the final. 

MANABU SOYA
"I will answer ordinarily. As this is my first time, and since there are many members who I will be fighting singles for the first time, I am just looking forward to each match. That is all."

MASA KITAMIYA
"I want to beat the person who has the belt, who is next to me (GHC Heavyweight Champion, Go Shiozaki) and meet the GHC National Champion (Kenoh) in the league finals. I think that it is only in this league that you can do a singles match with the champion without the title, so I want to face that with resolve."

KAITO KIYOMIYA
"There are many wrestlers who I will be confronting for the first time, and I think that will be a plus for me. But, it's Go Shiozaki who has the GHC Heavyweight belt, and I want to focus on that battle". 

KAZUSHI SAKURABA
"I think everyone is tough. But, if I can win and touch the other block, I want to do a single with Sugiura."

GO SHIOZAKI
"I think the first match in the same block is the most important. Manabu Soya, I want to win this match, and then fight the next one, linking it. The final will only show Noah's fight, no matter who comes up in the block. As I said earlier, I can only see the victory, so I am just thinking about making progress."

Q: Go Shiozaki, isn't there an opponent in the same block who you want to fight as an individual? 
SHIOZAKI: No, Seiya, Masa, Sakuraba, Kiyomiya. This block will be an individual battle for me. The fight in B block is the fight in the finals. I think every wrestler will be a very meaningful fight for Go Shiozaki personally."
Q: I thought it might be Katsuhiko Nakajima, but is that different now? 
SHIOZAKI: If he comes to the finals, then I think I will have to settle it then. I think that all the wrestlers who will come up will be a meaningful battle for me in the N-1 VICTORY 2020". 

Q: Sakuraba, you took place in a singles league with four other athletes at the time of UWF International, but how do you feel about going into a pro wrestling single league? 
SAKURABA: I don't really think about it, but as the matches are shorter, I think it's going to be tougher. I think I should be careful not to get injured so I can do all the matches and so my best.
Q: Sakuraba, what do you think is the most necessary thing to survive a series of singles without injury? 
SAKURABA: I haven't thought about it so far (laughs). But for your question, from first glance there is a difference in power, and I need to think about how to dodge that power. So, even if the question is asked to other wrestlers there may be a little trouble, but I am not going to run (rough) 
Q: On September 22nd and on the 23rd during the day and the night, you have three singles in a row. What about that? 
SAKURABA: Well, I think that it's probably the first time I have wrestled like that since the college wrestling club. I was young then, and able to do it. Right now, I don't know what will happen if I do it continuously, but I won't know until I try it. If I get tired and injured, I won't be able to wrestle the next match. (Next part doesn't really translate well, he says something like it's something that the significance is not really suitable). 
I think there is no choice but to relax and put in strength."

BLOCK B


YOSHIKI INAMURA
"I am Yoshiki Inamura, who will participate in the N-1 VICTORY for the first time. I have had many chances, but I haven't been able to take them. In this N-1 VICTORY, I definitely want to take them and get results. Thank you."

TANIGUCHI
"I am aiming to win this year in order to change myself, who is over halfway through the year and have no results. I want to focus on the championship and achieve results."

KATSUHIKO NAKAJIMA
"Enthusiasm? Nothing in particular. Anyway, this N-1, am I doing it for someone? Something for someone. Because of the guy who says "I am NOAH", it's all unfolded! It's obvious. I will break the current flow of the decaying and rotting Noah. I will throw a stimulus into this N-1 that you can't imagine. Expect it."

NAOMICHI MARUFUJI
"I am Naomichi Marufuji, who lost everything last year. My condition is very good, but I haven't been able to get a good result in singles. First of all, I will win the N-1. Well, looking to the future, 2020 is the 20th anniversary of Noah, and I think I have to take the lead. It's September now, and I want to do it in the last few months."

TAKASHI SUGIURA
"Well, personally, I am still aiming for the championship, in the second year since the name was changed to N-1. I would like to have fierce matches, and make the name of the N-1 a league with value, which is second to none." 

KENOH
"N-1 VICTORY! No matter what it said, there is no catchy image. The G1 of New Japan and the Champion Carnival of All Japan, which are being held around the same time, have history and tradition. However, Noah's N-1 VICTORY has no image. It will be different this year. I will win the singles league, make it the first consecutive win in Noah, and I will plant fimrly that N-1 = Kenoh. And then there is Kiyomiya who didn't participate last year because he was afraid to lose! (LOUDER) WASN'T HERE. I'm not afraid, but I will ask you, are you? KIYOMIYA, who lowered the value of the N-1! Hey, Kiyomiya himself tolerates this, the company tolerates this and the other N-1 wrestlers tolerate this. Everyone, I will beat that lukewarm spirit. HEY! As I said earlier, I will win the first consecutive championship in history. The N-1 will equals Kenoh. That is how this years N-1 will end. 

Q: Can you tell us who you want to mark in this block, and who you want to fight in the finals? 

INAMURA
"I haven't left any achievements or results to say someone in particular for the finals, so I will fight hard and fight strong fight by fight"

SHUHEI TANIGUCHI
"I am looking only at the result of winning. As for who I want to work with, I want to concentrate on each fight in front of me."

KATSUHIKO NAKAJIMA
"Nothing in particular. But that's just it, in the block on the other side is the one who says "I AM NOAH". I am going to break that guy, who is resting comfortably. I'll destroy all of that kind of thing for Noah. I'm looking forward to it."


NAOMICHI MARUFUJI
"Well, even if you say attention, after all I know that Sugiura, Kenoh and Nakajima who are next to me are strong, so there is nothing to pay attention to, and I am very much looking forward to Inamura's current momentum and youth. The one I am paying attention to the most, is Taniguchi here on my right. I'm uneasy and worried by him, but I will fight him. Hey, Taniguchi! No matter who I fight, I am confident that I will have a good match, but I am worried about fighting Taniguchi. Is it okay, Taniguchi? Is it okay from now on? Even if I quit the N-1 it wouldn't be out of anxiety or out of worry. I'll ask Taniguchi about it. I'm sensing a certain meaning to have a match with you. Don't let me have a weak match against you. It's nice to meet you. I want to fight in the finals with Mochi (Masaaki Mochizuki) who is in the M'S alliance with me. It's a beautiful story that I have drawn within myself. Taniguchi is the only one who I have no anxiety about."

SHUHEI TANIGUCHI (taking the microphone) 
"I apologise for saying that I wanted to concentrate on fighting the person in front of me, but that has now changed. Marufuji will be a fun fight in the same block. I want to show my strength and win."

TAKASHI SUGIURA
"Well, everyone except Taniguchi. (Mutters that Marufuji who is next to him will be his opponent). That's right, I think I can have a good match with everyone except for Taniguchi. Fighting Taniguchi is scary, because it seems to be a weak match (mutters that Marufuji is the same). But on the other side, there is Kazushi Sakuraba of The Sugiura Army, and I would like to fight in the final together."

KENOH
"I think you know without me saying it. I won't comment further".

Q: For Kongoh, you are the largest faction in this league with five participating members, but what kind of thing do you want Kongoh to show? 
KENOH: Kongoh, the largest unit. The number of people who have strong beliefs will increase, and I think there are still people who are dissatisfied with the company. Pro Wrestling Noah became CyberFight Co. Ltd from September 1st. Hey, there is one guy who showed his own strong belief on the morning of September 1st. I won't say more, but think hard. There may be others in Pro Wrestling Noah who have strong beliefs..."

Q: Sugiura, as mentioned at the start, you aware that the autumn league overlaps with other promotions? 
SUGIURA: I am very aware, yes. I don't want to lose to any other promotion with the contents of this league

Picture credits: Proresu Today

Comments