(NOAH) "What the hell is he talking about?" Revival of hatred before the N-1, deliberately nominating Kiyomiya for the finals: interview with Kenoh

5th September 2020
Pro Wrestling DX

The expansion of the power of Noah's rebel group "Kongoh" is conspicuous. They have been joined by Tadasuke from the junior division and Katsuhiko Nakajima in succession, and after a year since they were formed last spring, they have doubled from four to eight. Kenoh, the leader of Kongoh, won the GHC National Championship in early August and has bought to Kongoh their long-cherished desire for a first belt, and the power of the red belt is growing.

Against the backdrop of the fair wind gained this midsummer, and the rekindling of Kenoh's hatred in what comes out in his speech about "that man", before the N-1 which is the biggest league battle of the year as Kenoh hopes to win "N-1 Victory" twice in a row.

Interview with Kenoh

Q: Tadasuke and Katsuhiko Nakajima have joined. The increase in Kongoh's power is outstanding. 
KENOH: It means that more and more people dislike having to go on the rails laid down by the company. If you don't want to move now then you can walk on an easy path, but that doesn't create a stimulus for Noah. So, I think the people who have turned from that easy path, and the people who have really considered Noah are the people who are working with me now. 
Q: Thanks to Tadasuke, the Kongoh Jnrs are now three people. 
KENOH: "4th place in RATELS", I think there was a part of himself that was stuck in that view. Certainly, with the former RATELS it might have been easy for him to stay that way, but he had ambition and rebellion.
Q: I was surprised that Katsuhiko Nakajima had joined. There is a feeling of discomfort as just a month ago he denied with Shiozaki that he was "self satisfied" 
KENOH: That sense of discomfort is one stimulus. No one expected it, and it's a case of "FOOLED YOU!" 
Q: How do you look at Katsuhiko Nakajima? 
KENOH: Katsuhiko Nakajima is a "natural". He lives how he wants. His fighting style is natural, and coming to Kongoh came naturally. 
Q: You mean he does what he wants? 
KENOH: That's right. That's how he is naturally. 
Q: But he might become someone in Kongoh who threatens your position. The future outlook is chaotic. 
KENOH: I don't know why that kind of outlook is being said of him now, there is no reason for him to do something so regrettable, but rather I want to think about what happens next. I have given the gift that it's "fun to think about". 
Q: At the same time as the expansion of power, you welcome the N-1 as the National Champion. It seems that there is a advantage for consecutive wins? 
KENOH: Assholes who often watch pro wrestling will understand, but as I drew in a double title match (against Go Shiozaki, the GHC Heavyweight Champion), most of them think that I will try it again soon. My current motivation is to win the successive championship and then turn everything on its head. That is my motivation right now. Now that Kongoh has grown, it would be too wasteful if I didn't take advantage of this natural breeze. 
Q: You have entered B Block...
KENOH: No, there is nothing I want to say about the people in B block, but I want to say something to someone in A Block
Q: Who is that wrestler? 
KENOH: Kaito Kiyomiya! HE didn't enter last year, and it's like nothing happened this year? This year there is the GHC Heavyweight Champion (Shiozaki) and another champion*. He didn't take part last year, and it's become "let's pretend it never happened". Kiyomiya should think about that carefully, as this proves that he was definitely "running away" last year. How can you show a new scenery if you back away like that? Last year he decreased the value of the N-1, but I would like to ask with what kind of enthusiasm he will enter with this year? I want to say this not only to Kiyomiya, but to the other wrestlers who do not disagree with it. This is the N-1, this is what it is about...
Q: Kiyomiya says, "First appearance, first victory". 
KENOH: What the hell is he talking about? Moreover, don't say fucking boring things! Where is the guy who didn't want to win it all, or who didn't want to even win before the league matches? That kind of crap is said by a guy like that. The company that allowed it, the other wrestlers, from the bottom of my heart I want to destroy everything in this league.
Q: It seems that Kiyomiya has gained confidence that he has grown by chasing Keiji Mutoh? 
KENOH: As usual, he doesn't know anything. That was the power of Keiji Mutoh and the company. Yes? Keiji Mutoh has rarely had a singles match in last few years, this was something that the company prepared for Kiyomiya, "Keiji Mutoh will have a singles match after a long time". It's almost certain that it would be interesting at that point, but then the answer came out. Therefore, the only impression I had when watching Keiji Mutoh and Kiyomiya was, "It's a great company to just spoil Kiyomiya."
Q: Don't you feel that Kiyomiya himself has had a "learning?"
KENOH: I think there was more of a "learning" when rather than thinking he had learned any wrestling techniques, he thought that "the company has prepared such a stage is amazing. Formerly Pro Wrestling Noah, now Cyberfight, thank you". I will do my best show my gratitude. Grow as a person before becoming a wrestler.
Q: Anyhow, you have entered into the same B Block as Nakajima, but this time it will be a completely different situation called, "a same group showdown"
KENOH: Well, on August 4th we had the National match, and I knew that we had the same ideas. That is why I told him to accept in the post match microphone. Therefore, as I fight I will look for someone who has "same feelings" throughout this league. I think it will be interesting to assess them in a single. I think that is a good thing for professional wrestling. 
Q: Go Shiozaki has also called for a final against you to settle the sixty minute draw in the Yokohama Bunkai Championship match.
KENOH: Typical Shiozaki with an insipid opinion stating the obvious. As expected, as a pro wrestler he is a man with a certain serious attitude. 
Q: Who do you want to face in the final? 
KENOH: Like I said, I deliberately want Kiyomiya to come up. This year at the finals, I will expose how shallow he is to the world. Well, that's a stupid idea. I don't think he will come up. 

*Himself, the GHC National Champion.

Picture credit: Pro Wrestling DX

Comments