(NOAH) "Goosebumps from ALL TOGETHER", mini interview with Noah's first debut in two years, Yasutaka Yano.

6th November 2020
Pro Wrestling DX

Yasutaka Yano made his debut as Noah's first debut in about two years on October 28th at Korakuen Hall. 

Twenty years old, and born on August 10th 2000 in Imabari, Ehime, he is 166cms and weighs 74kgs. He devoted himself to wrestling in High School, and joined Noah in March 2019 after graduating. After a training period of about one and a half years, he made his debut against Kinya Okada. Admiring the Noah Juniors, he aspired to be a wrestler, and we finally spoke with Yano who has become a member of the ark who decorates the ring.

Mini interview with Yasutaka Yano

Q: What are the impressions following your debut match? 
YANO: I was nervous for a long time. I was so nervous that I couldn't sleep, even after the debut match. 
Q: You didn't sleep even after it finished? 
YANO: Yes. It felt like my body was floating all the time. I was more excited than I felt...
Q: What made you come into contact with professional wrestling? 
YANO: I used to play pro wrestling games with my older brother, but I started watching actual wrestling that my father watched on cable TV late at night. Then we went to actually watch it together. Before I knew it, I was absorbed in pro wrestling, and I started to watch various promotions. 
Q: Who was your favorite wrestler? 
YANO: For me, it was Kotaro Suzuki. I loved the Noah Juniors, and I have always admired him. 
Q: What made you want to become a pro wrestler? 
YANO: "ALL TOGETHER" (held August 27th 2011, Nippon Budokan), that I saw when I saw in the 5th Grade of elementary school. At the end, all the wrestlers that I wanted to see were all gathered in the ring. I got goosebumps, and decided to become a pro wrestler, saying to myself "This is cool..." 
Q: So, first of all, did you decide to join a wrestling club? 
YANO: No, there wasn't a wrestling club in Junior High, so I thought I would join when I was in High School, but I hadn't played any sports until then, so my father told me to "get basic physical strength first". So, in Junior High, I joined the Track & Field Club and gained basic physical strength for three years. In the event it was springing and throwing. 
Q: I see. After that, what kind of achievements did you get in High School wrestling club? 
YANO: I won the winter Ehime Prefectural Tournament called "NTS". I also participated in national competitions, and the inter-school athletic meets. 
Q: How did you join Noah? 
YANO: I'm short, but even though I researched various things, I couldn't reach the regulation height. Anyway, I went to see Noah and I spoke to a promoter in Shikoku, and he said "Even if you are short, you can take Noah's test". So, in November 2018, while I was in High School, I had the opportunity to take the introductory test before the event in Matsuyama, and I entered the dojo at the end of March 2019.
Q: Was the reality of it harsh? 
YANO: It was tougher than I expected, both in terms of training and in hierarchical relationships
Q: Where you used to the hierarchy because of the athletic club? 
YANO: No, the High School I went to didn't have any seniors, and since we were top in the First Grade, we didn't really understand hierarchical relationships. 
Q: Did you ever feel like your heart was going to break? 
YANO: There was...
Q: What did you do to survive? 
YANO: I was telling all my friends that I was going to "become a professional wrestler", and so I asked them to encourage me to do my best on LINE, and so I think I did my best not to quit. 
Q: Did you have a hard time practicing? 
YANO: I hit a lot of walls. Even my basic physical strength at the start was no good, and when you have mastered basic strength, it means that next passive is no good...
Q: It took a while for you to debut, weren't you worried? 
YANO: Yes. Because having a match was temporarily impossible due to the influence of corona, I was practicing while thinking, "I wonder if it will be next year..." 
Q: In short, were you happy when your debut was decided? 
YANO: Yes. I was really happy. 
Q: Why did you choose short blue tights? 
YANO: I chose Kotaro Suzuki because I like him, and currently in Noah no one is using blue, I chose it. It is also my favorite color. 
Q: There was an opinion that your drop kick was impressive
YANO: I want to fly high and hit my opponent. I want that to be kept in mind. 
Q: No matter how many drop kicks you hit, Okada did not collapse in the match. 
YANO: Yes, he is really strong, but I want to try and beat him someday. 
Q: By the way, aside from Pro Wrestling, what else are you good at? 
YANO: I like drawing. As I student I used to draw cartoon characters, etc.
Q: What kind of wrestler do you want to be? 
YANO: Since I have a small body, I want to take advantage of that and perform moves that cannot be done by the heavyweights. I want to be a speedy wrestler, who can shine in the Noah Juniors. I want to dive into resistance, and absorb it while trying out different things. Thank you!

Picture credit: Pro Wrestling DX

Comments