(NOAH) "What I do next, depends on the battle with Harada" Interview with "The Isolated Champion" Kotaro Suzuki


Noah.co.jp
6th November 2020

The GHC Junior Champion, Kotaro Suzuki, will be challenged by Daisuke Harada at the 8th November Korakuen Hall event. Since defeating master craftsman, Yoshinari Ogawa, in April of this year and taking the championship for the third time, he has defended against Atsushi Kotoge, Kaz Hayashi, YO-HEY, Seiki Yoshioka and Haoh! With strong content, he defeated all five challengers in the four corps, and kept a strong position during the Noah Junior Warring States period. 
Harada has made a name for himself here. His stagnation continued due to the disorder of the dissolution of RATEL'S, but he has come to revive the "Peach of Youth tag" and released a regular Noah unit declaration under the saying, "New Noah Junior". Kotaro has acknowledged Harada's ability, and likened him to the, "last stand", but underfoot, the ground is shaking. 

Prior to all of this, he broke up with Ogawa & HAYATA, and left STINGER. He will now enter his sixth defence as an, "isolated champion". I asked him about his mixed thoughts before the junior championship match. 

Interview with Kotaro Suzuki

Q: There was a rupture with Ogawa & HAYATA, can I interpret this as a separation from STINGER? 
KOTARO: It's more of a "forced" separation than a breakaway...even if this is the case, it goes without saying that it doesn't mean "Hi, let's get back together."
Q: When you had a skirmish with HAYATA, Ogawa only went to intercede, but why did he do it? 
KOTARO: It all happened at once. I had a good feeling at the time of HAYATA'S superkick (which hit the wrong target), and I was irritated. I asked him "Why didn't you stop it?". I was then pushed away, and lashed out on reflex. 
Q: Then you encountered a "double turn" and even took a two person Tiger Driver. Ogawa also said, "From now on, which do I need, HAYATA or Kotaro?"
KOTARO: Yeah. This is also, "I guess that's okay?" That's crazy. 
Q: With this, it has made you isolated in terms of your standing position? 
KOTARO: There is also that, but no matter what action I take next, I have no choice but to fight Harada (in the championship match). So, until I get the fight with Harada over, for now nothing can start and nothing can be got on with. 
Q: There is also the feeling that the meaning of the fight with Harada has changed slightly from the original composition of "STINGER vs Noah Junior Unit". Harada has made a declaration of creating a regular unit of Noah juniors, and is strengthening his determination to "create a new Noah junior" 
KOTARO: I hope we can have a new Noah juniors as a result, but you are not going to create it just by saying "Creation of new Noah Juniors"!
Q: It's not a matter of putting it into words
KOTARO: Yeah. If it was, the story would go, "Did it never occur to you until now?" That maybe I think the path that I have taken will be the new Noah junior. Then I want him to say this clearly, "What is the new Noah Juniors?" If you are just saying the phrase, then please stop. It's not that easy. 
Q: It seems that you have also faced this difficulty. 
KOTARO: That's right. No matter whether you say "Renew" or "Renewal", it's pretty difficult, and most of the time it doesn't go the way you want. 
Q: Harada is an opponent who you have come across over and over again?
KOTARO: I admit his ability. I don't think it's going to be like the last match which was against Haoh. 
Q: What is your current impression? 
KOTARO: He gives an impression of being the last form of the Noah Junior's doesn't he? There are no wrestlers left who are more capable than Harada. So, if I can break through here, then we don't have to fight for a while, right? That is why this is a "complete defense". If there is a challenger who can follow Harada, then the bar will only be lowered, right? 
Q: You said that "I want to take good care of the belt that I got from Ogawa", and this year you have shown your strength in the title defenses. 
KOTARO: I think I have been showing off my ability because I cherish it 
Q: It is ironic that you split from Ogawa while holding the belt
KOTARO: How come? It's not going to end shortly like the last quarrel*. This is the second time, and I am thinking of going crazy this time. However, I can't do that alone. They are a tag team. I had something good from HAYATA too, which I have to return. 
Q: After the battle with Harada, will you take a new step to rebuild your current isolated situation? 
KOTARO: Hmmm, well I want to concentrate on the match with Harada first. I can't do anything until it's over. He is not an opponent who I can afford to let win, in the first place, I am isolated, but I am also a freelancer which is the reason why I have been isolated for a long time. But I trust in my strength. Well, I have achieved all my original goals by returning to Noah (Destroying the Noah juniors, match with Marufuji, match with Ogawa), what I do next, depends on the battle with Harada.


Picture credit: Noah.co.jp  

*Early spring, the last time Ogawa and Kotaro had a falling out.   

Comments