(NOAH) On the brink of an explosion...Yoshiki Inamura taking a bite out of the best tag with the "Musou", heading to the GHC tag in Nagoya

Pro Wrestling DX
17th November 2020

On the 19th December in Nagoya, Yoshiki Inamura partnering with Yoshiki Inamura, challenges for the GHC Tag Championship held by Takashi Sugiura and Kazushi Sakuraba. 

After leaving the rebel group, "Kongoh", he made a direct appeal to Kiyomiya and they joined together. A tag team that symbolizes the "Young Power" of the current Noah was born. 

Following days of hunger for both a chance and results, he launched his new weapon the "Musou", and shook the big event in Yoyogi with it. Moreover, his opponents Sugiura and Sakuraba, have just won the "Best Tag" at the Tokyo Sports Pro Wrestling Awards. If he wins, with this timing his name will rise at once. 
We talked to Inamura, who is on the verge of an explosion, and a once in a lifetime opportunity. 

Q: The title match in Nagoya has been officially arranged, and is approaching.
INAMURA: Honestly, I'm glad that I made the action of appealing to Kiyomiya, saying "I want a chance". I haven't had such a big chance since last year's Sumo Hall (*he challenged for the GHC Tag with Masa Kitamiya). I'm happy...but rather, I have a strong feeling that "I am going to do it"
Q: Did you have a desire to get some proof after you left Kongoh? 
INAMURA: That's right. In that form I entered Kongoh as I wanted to get results, but I passed through them without getting any. Kitamiya said, "Don't be an embarrassing imitation because you left", and I think there must be results. 
Q: How do you see the current champions, Sugiura & Sakuraba? 
INAMURA: As individuals, simply they are strong. Both of them. I have been experiencing Sugiura's strength for a long time, and I have been watching Sakuraba's strength since I was a Junior High School student and I watched PRIDE. Now, the two of them have teamed up and despite being the opposite of each other, at first I wondered if it would be confusing, but it has become an amazing tag that I am addicted to. 
Q: How do you want to break through? 
INAMURA: I had a single with Sakuraba when it was empty arena, and it's natural that I am disappointed because I lost, but I had a great impression that "I wasn't up to the task." The result is that I thought about it in various ways, and I have no choice but to push through with my own strength and power. So, how do I get into the ring with an opponent when I am not ready for it? I think it is going to be difficult to stand up to the skills and knowledge in the ring that he has cultivated for decades. He can master joints from any position, and I don't think it is possible for me to deal with that with skills, so even if it is forced, I will throw it away with power. 
Q: Thoroughly counter with power and thought? 
INAMURA: Yes. Also, the people who have beaten Sakuraba like Kenoh and Kiyomiya, they are dominant in pro-wrestling, aren't they? Kenoh uses a submission of a choke, and Kiyomiya a figure four. I can only believe in the fight of pro wrestling that I have been doing so far. Also, when I lost to Sugiura in this years N-1, in a comment after the match, "It's no good to just have momentum, you have to think about it properly." I have thought about it from then on, and I have no choice but to express it. 
Q: On the contrary, it's not just about hitting Sugiura head on. 
INAMURA: Until now, I have felt like trying to destroy Sugiura head on, but he told me that it was no good. Moreover, the place where he said it was the same place, the Nagoya Congress Center. It's the same place, I have to show that it's different from before. Due to the fact that there has been a smaller number of matches (due to the influence of Corona), I have had a lot more opportunities to think about my pro wrestling, and to devote myself to training, so I want to show that I have been "thinking about it properly"
Q: How do you want to add the finishing touches to the tag match with Kiyomiya? 
INAMURA: Here too, we are two different types. I think Kiyomiya is a wrestler who has all the skills and elements of pro wrestling that I don't have. It may be awkward to say, but I think this tag can make up for what's missing. Before, when I was teaming with Kitamiya we were the same type and facing the same direction. He is a completely different type from Kitamiya, and I think it will be a tag that while complementing each other we will be looking in the same direction. 
Q: Kiyomiya is a rival of the younger generation. He is also the opponent that you don't want to lose to the most.
INAMURA: Aren't learning to fight together and learning to tag together, two completely different types? I have done singles with Kiyomiya many times, but I have lost all of them. I think that by partnering with a partner who can bring out things that I can't, I think I can take myself to a different stage...
Q: Noah is also starting to enrich young people. Noah had the event called "NEW HOPE" which was headed by Kiyomiya, the 20th generation year came here and started to take on intensity. 
INAMURA: If we can win the tag title, we should be able to accelerate that trend, and for that reason it's the most important to take the belts together. Kiyomiya has already won the GHC Heavyweight hasn't he? Among the strength of the young Noah, there is large presence called Kaito Kiyomiya, and because of that by the two of us catching that light together, we can make it shine even more. I want to broadcast it outside of Noah that, "Noah's young people are amazing". 
Q: Sugiura & Sakuraba have just won the "Best Tag Team of the Year" at the Pro Wrestling Awards, which is also good timing. 
INAMURA: Won't beating the team who won "Best Tag" reverberate outside? There aren't many chances like that. I feel like I'm in luck. 
Q: On the 6th December in Yoyogi, you used the Musou and the venue was very excited. There is a good wind blowing in the sense of expectation
INAMURA: It's a technique that I have always wanted to use, the the first person who came to my mind was Noah's power fighter, Rikio (who used the Musou). I wanted to use it with "here is the best" when I had a clear response to the win. If I didn't, it would be disrespectful to Rikio. However, at that time, when Yuko Miyamoto decided to collide with me, I instantly thought "Here!". I have been quietly practicing it. After the match I received a response from Rikio who said, "Please use it carefully." Various timings have overlapped...has there ever been such a good flow? There is no better chance, right? 
Q: What kind of match and what kind of win will you have? 
INAMURA: After showing the connection with Kiyomiya, I think it depends on the situation at the time, but I want to win. I want to make the difference by winning, not Kiyomiya, but on top of that I want to be unique, just like the "Musou" 

Note: "Musou" means unparalleled, matchless etc. 

Comments