(NOAH) "Head on and with full power", Go Shiozaki reveals "Noah's Bible" (12th February Nippon Budokan serialized)

30th January 2021
Hochi News

(Note, interview feels incomplete)

What I really wanted to ask Shiozaki, was about the words of his 58 year old challenger, when I interviewed Keiji Mutoh, who will challenge Shiozaki at the Nippon Budokan. Mutoh was at the Yoyogi 2nd Gymnasium on the 6th December, when Shiozaki defeated Takashi Sugiura in 51 minutes and 44 seconds, and said "This kind of long match is an old style of Noah's. Maybe it is a style from the bible of the Four Heavenly Kings, but my bible is different. That fifty minute match was done very hard, but it didn't feel beautiful."

Mutoh's declaration that the fierce battle with Sugiura, which was highly acclaimed by fans at 51 and 44 seconds, was "not beautiful". When the article in which this remark was written was distrusted online at the end of last year, there was a lot of response on social media, centering on the pros and cons of Mutoh. So, how did the person concerned, the GHC Champion, take this remark? 

SHIOZAKI: I think everyone has their own way of feeling and thinking about things, but I don't think it should be too long, but because of the opponent, the power of the rivalry and the opponent, naturally it will be longer. Whether is does go on for long or not is good in any case, and although out of choice, I don't like it to be a long time. I think the reason why Keiji Mutoh doesn't have a long term plan or a bible and he used that phrase, is because he has the technique and the confidence in even a short match. If the opponent comes at me that way, I will just take it head on."
Q: Will you be entering Mutoh's domain? Or will Shiozaki invite him in? 
SHIOZAKI: It's my match, and I will pull Keiji Mutoh in 
Q: What is "Noah's bible" that Mutoh pointed out? 
SHIOZAKI: It is to fight in the ring with all your might. I don't think there are any wrestlers in Noah who cut corners in the ring. So just, just, don't cut corners. Fight with full force. If an opponent comes with all his might, then I will go with my utmost. That is the only thing that is unbendable within me. I may be able to avoid the technique in the match, but I want to compete head on. I have always had this feeling since I became a wrestler." 
Q: Recieve the technique with all your might, and strike back with full force. Without cutting corners, Noah's "Bible" is all about pro wrestling. Is this the soul of Mitsuharu Misawa, who left All Japan in June 2000 and founded "Pro Wrestling Noah", and Kenta Kobashi, who evolved the fierce battles? 
SHIOZAKI: That's right. I have always wanted to do that sort of match. It is still the same. 

Comments