(NOAH) The key point is "Craziness" in the battle with Murakami to the "dream" of the National GHC defense at the Budokan.

14th January 2021
Pro Wrestling DX

The GHC National Champion, Kenoh, has been saying "Noah to the Budokan again once more". 

Chasing the dream for the "fucking asshole fans", Noah's first Budokan event in about ten years has been arranged for February 12th. 
As the National Champion, he is ready to adorn the dream stage in a defense match, but before that he must defend against Kazunari Murakami, which has been decided for January 23rd in Osaka. Without breaking through the "Heisei Terrorist", it will be impossible for him to stand at the Budokan as the champion.

On the 4th January Korakuen Hall event, Murakami choked him out, and the title match was arranged. But what are the key points and themes of the fight against Murakami, and what are Kenoh's thoughts on the "Dream" Budokan event under the state of the Coronavirus? I heard the story from Kenoh. 

Interview with Kenoh 

Q: The National GHC defense against Murakami has been decided? 
KENOH: I lost at Korakuen on the 4th before I realized it, and the title match was announced that night without me knowing anything about it. I thought "What is this?" Noah has a lot of heavyweight wrestlers, and there must have been some of them who wanted to challenge. A guy who I don't know suddenly appears, and the match is suddenly decided, but none of the other guys in Noah got angry. That's disappointing.
Q: Do you feel angry that as a champion, your intentions are not reflected? 
KENOH: It's the fact that I consequently lost. I am angry at myself for losing, and I am angry at what was arbitrarily decided. I'm angry at the people who around me who just kept silent, and I am thinking now that I should hit Osaka with all my anger. 
Q: What was your impression of Kazunari Murakami in the first place? 
KENOH: Well, as everyone thinks, he's a "terrorist". As for the impression I got when I met him in the ring on two occasions, well I think his madness comes from his face due to his attacks. It is often said that, "Your personality appears on your face", so if you don't pay attention to that "craziness", then you won't fall prey to him. When I look at that face it is like a switch turns on, the last time I forgot myself and when I noticed we were fighting, I was choked. 
Q: Do you think the value of the National Belt will increase?
KENOH: Well, Kazushi Sakuraba is a big name that everyone knows, Kazunari Murakami is a thug that everyone knows, but in a bad way. I think it matches the "red" color of the belt. It's a belt with a short history, and I think I have to add my own "color" in the true sense of the word...if think that if I can defeat Kazunari Murakami, then I can add more color to it again. 
Q: When Murakami was in the match before, Noah fans were furious and vocal that it was a "No Contest". There is apprehension about that side of the match.
KENOH: How calm can you keep when striking with the "anger" I mentioned earlier? It's difficult to adjust, but its a showcase for your skill as a champion. Keiji Mutoh also commented on Noah's style in an interview, saying "it doesn't matter if it is long", and I used to say "aerobatic wrestling", but I do agree with him, although there is part which can be removed. The title match with Kazushi Sakuraba was a match that took about ten minutes, but there was a reaction in that meaning I could leave a certain "color". 
Q: It may not be called a fight where you, "have done everything, and then see who will run out first". 
KENOH: Yeah. Perhaps Kazunari Murakami hasn't fought for more than 30 minutes. I can fight like that. I want to let Noah's impartial fans know that this will be a fight with a sense of tension, "I don't know when it will end". I want to add it to the "color" of the belt.
Q: Do you want to do a "dream" title match at the Nippon Budokan? 
KENOH: Of course, it's a wish. But, as someone with a belt, I am not at the stage of thinking about who at the Budokan. First of all, there is the fight with Murakami. 
Q: But you kept saying, "I'll take all you assholes to the Budokan".
KENOH: However, emergency measures have been reissued, and it is still unclear as to what will happen regarding the infection in the future. I think some fucking assholes who have been chasing their dreams are wondering, "Can they really hold it?". That is why it is important for each person to once again be aware of preventing the spread of infection, so at Korakuen on the 10th, I made the appeal again and said "I'll take you to The Budokan"
Q: Certainly there are concerns about holding the event
KENOH: But, when I said, "I will take you to the Budokan" three years ago, I think there were many people who thought, "You will never be able to hold it", and the decision came to do just that. Compared to that, it's one step closer to realizing the dream. With each person conscious of preventing the spread of infection, I want you to believe your dreams again and live your life. 
Q: With what kind of brilliance do you want to shine with at the Budokan? 
KENOH: I wonder if Kenoh has some kind of existence in a role to give as a kind of "sign post". By continuing to say, "Go to the Budokan, Go to the Budokan", there must have been something that was recognized around it as "Noah=Budokan". But this time, the Budokan is not the goal, it is the continuation of Pro Wrestling Noah at the Budokan. I want to fight to make you think that again. 
Q: Will it finally be real if you can continue The Budokan? 
KENOH: Yes. Ten years ago, Noah stopped holding events at the Budokan. Until recently all the big matches were at Korakuen, but where do you have big matches after going around each region? They said it was the Nippon Budokan, and after that I think it can finally be called a "return to the sacred place". A return to the sanctuary...rather, I'm going to make the Budokan a sanctuary again in February. I think this is the beginning, and for that reason I am now fighting against both Murakami and preventing the spread of infection!


*Please note that I have substituted "terrorist" for "thug" in some cases. For Western audiences this will help you get a better idea of what the word means in Japan, rather than what it means in the West. 

Comments