(CYBERFIGHT) "CYBERFIGHT FESTIVAL 2021" Press Conference

26th February 2021
Pro Wrestling DX

SANSHIRO TAKAGI: I am Sanshiro Takagi, the President and CEO of CyberFight Co. Ltd. Originally, when the pro wrestling division was established on September 1st last year, and the creation of CyberFight with Pro Wrestling Noah, DDT Pro, Tokyo Joshi and Ganbare ☆ Pro Wrestling, I was wondering if I could plan an event like a rock concert to concert the appeal of each promotion. The event will be held on June 6th 2021 at the main arena of the Super Saitama Arena, which is one of the largest venues in Japan. At the CyberFight Festival, I would like to convey the appeal of pro wrestling to the fans of each promotion, and to the general public. On the day of the event, we will take sufficient measures to prevent infection from Coronavirus. I want to make this an event that energizes people. 
NAOMICHI MARUFUJI (Vice President of Noah): Thank you everyone for coming today. This will be a joint event, like in the form of a festival, but since this is the first Saitama Super Arena for the promotion, I am very excited and I think that is thanks to CyberFight. Since the last Nippon Budokan event, the scale of big matches has been increasing steadily, so motivation is high between Noah's wrestlers and staff, and I can feel the expectations while listening to the voices of the fans. I want to take this opportunity ask Noah's fans to watch the matches of DDT, Tokyo Joshi and Ganbare pro, and vice versa. I hope everyone enjoys the CyberFight Festival. Also, although it is a sensitive subject, while the issue of the Olympics is difficult, I hope that Japan will be energized by pro wrestling, and that many people all the world will see it, and as it will be so much fun and so energetic, that it will be of use in the future for future growth."
AKITO (Executive Vice President): I am Akito, Executive Vice President. As Marufuji said earlier, I think there are people who only watch Noah, and so I would like those people to know the breadth of DDT Pro, as well as the wonderfulness of Tokyo Joshi Pro, compared to the sincerity of Ganbare ☆ Pro-wrestling. CyberFight has varied professional wrestling, and so I would like you not see only one promotion, but each to fully recognize the breadth and the variety of CyberFight wrestling. The most important thing is for customers who haven't seen CyberFight wrestling yet, and through this festival I hope that they will be aware of it and come to support us. 
KOUTA: I am Kouta, the representative of Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling. Because CyberFight are now having a festival, I immediately think of "Rock in Japan", which is a big music festival which is held in the summer. Morning Musume were there in 2018 and 2019. There was a big response, new fans and on the internet etc it was called "Morning Masume, Rock In's big victory". We are bringing Tokyo Joshi to the CyberFight Festival, and I would like fans who do not usually see or have never seen Tokyo Joshi Pro, to discover it. I think that. For those of you who usually support Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling, I want to show you the victory of Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling at the Super Saitama Arena, and the great win at CyberFight Festival, so I hope you will come to the venue for that. 
KEN OHKA: I am Ken Ohka, the representative of Ganbare ☆ Wrestling. Ganbare ☆ Wrestling is working hard each day to make pro wrestling a major sport. It was originally DDT, and then Pro Wrestling Noah joined the group, and it became a big company called CyberFight. So, the festival will be held, and it is a gratitude to be able to participate in it...but...BUT...piggybacking on other promotions, DDT Pro Wrestling, Pro Wrestling Noah and Tokyo Joshi Pro, is NO GOOD! We are not just parts of a dish! Ganbare ☆ Pro-wrestling will make pro wrestling even bigger, Ganbare ☆ Pro-wrestling will work harder and harder, Ganbare ☆ Pro-wrestling will burn more and more, and at this festival we will show you what Ganbare ☆ Pro-wrestling is like! We will leave our mark on you, although it is Corona! Ganbare ☆ Wrestling wants to bring to everyone a fight that is too intense! We want to give you courage! We want to give you energy! We will do our best to fight with that intention, so thank you everyone!
Q: Is there a possibility that this will lead to the development of inter-promotional matches? 
SANSHIRO TAKAGI: Basically, each promotion will provide matches, and I want them to show the good things from each. Inter-promotional matches are undecided at this point. 
Q: What do you think about your position as a wrestler in the event? 
NAOMICHI MARUFUJI: Individually or as a wrestler? I've always been Noah after all, and I am confident in the wrestling, Noah's pride and the self confidence we have in it, I want to have a match in a position where I can best express this. I think it will stand out prominently. 
AKITO: As a wrestler, I would like to say that I am hoping there will be a card that will show the best of DDT'S pro wrestling. I don't know if it is here or there, but I through the CyberFight Festival, I want to show the world that fun and interesting wrestling DDT'S is. I don't know if there will be an inter-promotional match, but if there is, then I would like the DDT wrestlers to learn something from Noah's mainstream pro wrestling, and I hope we can create good things through combined efforts. 
KEN OHKA: I myself, am Ganbare ☆ Wrestling. I think that wrestling is that even a no good person can do their best in somewhere you can say that you can do something about it. I want everyone to see that no matter how hard they are hit, how they stand up, even if they are really hit. It doesn't matter who the opponent is, it can be for example a Noah wrestler, a DDT wrestler, or a Ganbare ☆ one. You are trying to destroy me, and so I am thinking of sinking my teeth in to you.
KOUTA: This may be going off topic a bit, but let me return to the story of "Rock In", the organizers were Morning Masume. They never made a special set-list or do anything special when they got such a great response, they just showed their usual performance and attracted music fans, and as I said that was a great thing. Tokyo Joshi are also confident in their own usual performances, so I want many people to discover it when shown as it always has been in the Saitama Super Arena.
Q: Have you decided on the details, such as the participating wrestlers, and the total number of matches? 
SANSHIRO TAKAGI: To be honest there are still a lot of undecided things, so I think that from here we will probably work on them. Each one has their best, which I think they will provide, and so I think that will follow that it will take shape.
Q: The order of the matches depends on the prominence of a person, do you think that will be difficult with a belt? 
SANSHIRO TAKAGI: To be honest, this is something that has not been decided yet. I think the fans of each group also have their own feelings. I would like to tune it in a way that that each good point comes out as much as possible. 
Q: Are there any other wrestlers from groups other than those with CyberFight? 
SANSHIRO TAKAGI: It's not something I am thinking about at the moment, but it is something I would like to leave to the discretion of each promotion. It doesn't mean that there won't be any. 
Q: Are you planning to hold it regularly? 
SANSHIRO TAKAGI: In essence I am talking about CyberFight right now, and I have a desire to aim for the number one position in the industry. To be honest, I think there is still a large part that has not reached the world, and I would like to think about transmitting it. In essence, I would like to hold it regularly. 

Comments