(NOAH) "I have gained the strength to do 90 minutes", Keiji Mutoh to challenge for the GHC Heavyweight Championship.

Yahoo.co.jp\BBM Sports
5th February 2021

On the 5th February, the signing ceremony for the GHC Heavyweight Championship, at the Nippon Budokan on the 12th February between champion Go Shiozaki and challenger, Keiji Mutoh. 

One week before the championship match, Mutoh said, "Shiozaki, he has been a champion for a year, and already has defended six times? I think he is a very strong champion. I wonder if I an inferior in all aspects of speed, stamina and power. Still, I don't feel like losing. I believe in myself, and will do my best on the day."

Regarding his current condition, he denied that Shiozaki's defenses had been based on long matches, he declared, "I am confident that I have gained the strength to do it for 90 minutes." (The match has a 60 minute time limit). Regarding the part of his currently outperforming compared to himself previously he said, "I think I am old, because I have built up a career. I put my name forward as challenger, and everyone paid attention. So while I am practicing as much as I can, there is a sense of accomplishment. It feels good to be a wrestler in this environment. I want to take the belt, and enjoy this stimulus more. Looking back on my life, I have gone to the territory and taken the belt, gone to the territory and taken the belt. I have taken every belt. I would like to add the Noah belt to that part". 

If Mutoh wins the GHC Heavyweight Championship, this will be his third major title in history, including the IWGP Heavyweight Championship and the Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship. 

The champion, Shiozaki said, "Thoughts on wearing this GHC? I feel his force, and I can fight against the generation who have did the best pro wrestling that I watched when I was a fan. I will defeat the best ever Keiji Mutoh on the stage of The Budokan. For Noah, this is the first time in 11 years at The Budokan, I want to make this the beginning of an event, and not the end. "I am NOAH" Go Shiozaki wants to close the opening event by winning in the best way, and show confidence in defense". 
In response to Mutoh's remark that he had "gained the strength to do 90 minutes", he argued, "Lets go 120 minutes. I want to take the Noah belt". 

Comments