(NOAH) Kenoh (GHC National Championship signing ceremony)

Pro Wrestling DX
5th February 2021

KENOH: I have been talking about the Nippon Budokan for three years now, and I am really happy to be able to wrestle there. And there, the opponent at the Nippon Budokan is Masakatsu Funaki. I am really excited to be able to fight at The Budokan, which was my dream, with the opponent who has continued to embody the strongest professional wrestler. The Nippon Budokan, professional wrestler = the strongest, defeat Masakatsu Funaki, and I will become "the strongest professional wrestler". 
Q: You were choked by Funaki in the last pre-match, but what is your impression after fighting him? 
KENOH: Pro-wrestler = strongest. My first impression is that he is a wrestler who I have been chasing. And his time, his pauses. A unique technique that I have never experienced before. I wonder if this is his true strength...I think it was really good to be able to experience it in the pre-match. Without being drawn into that "unique technique"...I definitely want to make space for my own opportunity and face him. 
Q: Your defenses against MMA wrestlers continue, but what is the different in strength between Sakuraba and Funaki for example? 
KENOH: This is a bit of a technical theory, but Kazushi Sakuraba aims for mastery while immobilizing his opponent on the ground. With such a style of fighting, Masakatsu Funaki completely removes the opponent, he is aiming to bring him down. Isn't that the root of it? I don't know which one is stronger. However, I think that the person who experiences both is the strongest person, and I want to fight to be the strongest as a pro wrestler at the Nippon Budokan. 
Q: At the stage of Budokan, which you have been chasing, various cards have been arranged. But, as a comparative theory, what kind of presence do you want to show in this match? 
KENOH: I think pro wrestling is really profound. It's good to be able to show the essence of the current Noah right now, but I think that pro wrestling is not just Noah's way of fighting. Mostly, the current pro wrestling has changed. You are on the entertainment line. Anything is fine isn't it, as long as the customers enjoy it? There is no wonder! It's a win or a loss! The first is to win. The ring is the place to show your strength, isn't it? It's not "I'm glad I had a good match at the Nippon Budokan". I want to finish by showing my strength. I want to finish with the win. I think it is the best stage to make me think, "Pro Wrestlers are really strong". Professional wrestler = strongest, I am thinking about embodying it now. 
Q: In the last pre-match, Funaki said, "If you stay as you are, I will win at this rate"
KENOH: Any ordinary wrestler would be annoyed. They would end up thinking that, but I am not. Those are good words. Certainly, I am disappointed, but can we end it like this? It's not a crazy thing really, and it may be a small part or not, but during that time, there is an opportunity. I am thinking of going one step higher with the time I have cultivated in the match. 

Comments