(NOAH) Naomichi Marufuji & Jun Akiyama vs Yoshiki Inamura & Kaito Kiyomiya (Press conference)

Pro Wrestling DX
5th February 2021

Q: First of all, what is your enthusiasm for the battle? 
INAMURA: First of all, I am very excited to be able to have such a match at Noah's Nippon Budokan event. I would like us to have a match that shows "Noah's young power".
KIYOMIYA: Now it is the Nippon Budokan event. It is a venue that has made history for Noah, and I think it's a venue that fans are very fond of. Inamura and I, who did not exist in that history, will fight against Akiyama and Marufuji in this way. We would like to put our "new power" into the scenery of The Budokan, and upgrade the history so far. 
MARUFUJI: First of all, I am happy to welcome the opponents, Kiyomiya and Inamura, to the Nippon Budokan. How is it, Akiyama? The comments of these two honor students*? 
AKIYAMA: I am also an honor student (laughs) 
MARUFUJI: When I came here, I listened to Akiyama's entrance theme, and the tension shot up. I would like to listen to the admission song on the day as well, raise my tension, and bring down the two honor students with Akiyama. 
AKIYAMA: Noah returns to the Budokan for the first time in a long time. I am grateful that you called to me on such an important day. I think our opponents will be the two who will carry Noah. Marufuji is also of a different generation to me, so it may be difficult to tag with me. As the two of us who have worked together since the birth of Noah, I want to feel the current one. That is the end of being a honor student, thank you, lets let loose in the ring. 
Q: Akiyama, you and Marufuji are forming a tag, what is your impression of it? 
AKIYAMA: It's true that we haven't tagged much, but I have watched him for a long time, we have been interacting, and I know what he is going to do. If there was a new technique, he would learn it, whatever it is. Think about what each other can do, and he will understand my technique more than combination skills, as I will understand his. I don't think there will be a problem doing that. 
Q: What is your impression of Kiyomiya and Inamura? 
AKIYAMA: Kiyomiya-kun has tagged with me (Osaka two years ago), but Inamura-kun, I haven't seen much of, so I will have to watch. That is why I don't really have much of an impression now. 
Q: Kiyomiya and Inamura, what are your impressions of Jun Akiyama? 
INAMURA: When I was a student, he was a wrestler who I had been watching in Noah for a long time both on the TV and at the venue, even at that time I felt his incredible strength, and I was scared. Of course, we haven't fought face to face, and so I am really looking forward to this fight. 
KIYOMIYA: When I tagged with Akiyama two years ago in Osaka, I felt the "fear" that Inamura mentioned, but when I was tagging him with I did feel peace of mind by his presence. What was the true nature of that sense of security? I have thought about that. I don't have the answer, but I hope I can sense it or something like it in this match. 
Q: The keyword "fear" has come out, but I think that Marufuji is the one who knows that fear. 
MARUFUJI: I'm scared. Really scared of Akiyama. 
AKIYAMA (laughing): No, no
MARUFUJI: Listening to the today's comments from the opponents, I'm still worried. Kiyomiya has been a champion and has shown the stance of leading Noah, Inamura has also grown fast and has been having wonderful matches, the hearts of young wrestlers will pop, and I'm worried as I think it will be Akiyama who breaks them. 
Q: You have been said to be scary? 
AKIYAMA: I'm not scary at all. (To a reporter who has been covering Noah for 15 years), you are not scared, right? 
Q: No, I have been scared of you many times...
AKIYAMA (laughing): Well, it's been many years since then. You've become bald, so it's okay! So neither of us are scary. 
MARUFUJI:...you see, scary...
Q: There was a remark about honor students, but how do you want your opponents to come? 
AKIYAMA: I want them to come as they like. I think I can deal with any situation. You can come at me severely, or you can come at me smart. In any situation, I can return anything. 
Q: How will you confront your opponents? 
INAMURA: Directly, and will all my strength. I will do my best more than ever against Marufuji and Akiyama. I really want to hit them directly and powerfully. 
KIYOMIYA: Personally speaking, it's been a long time since I teamed up with Akiyama, so I would like to tap into what I experienced and what I cultivated. But after all, this match is a tag match and so as a team, we would like to destroy the team of Akiyama and Marufuji, and win as a team. 
Q: Is there anything like, "Akiyama is scary at such times?"
MARUFUJI: No, he's scary from the moment he enters the venue on the day, to the waiting room. 
AKIYAMA: Maybe it's scary that you don't know when I am going to get angry
MARUFUJI: Indeed. He is an AB type. AB type scary + pro wrestling, I think the fear will come out on the day. 
AKIYAMA: The thing is, when you wake up in the morning, it's your mood that depends on whether you feel good or bad (laughs). 
MARUFUJI: This senior is a little troublesome, isn't it? (Laughs) I think he's going to be spicy on the day.  

NOTE: Calling someone an "Honor Student" is kind of like saying they are excessively polite, well behaved, and probably a bit of a nerd.

Comments