(NOAH)"Is it okay to do it without risk?" Keiji Mutoh, the new member of Noah, Kaito Kiyomiya and the first defense of the GHC.

15th February 2021
Yahoo.co.jp\Sports Hochi

Keiji Mutoh (58), who defeated Go Shiozaki and seized the GHC Heavyweight Championship at Pro Wrestling Noah's Nippon Budokan event for the first time in eleven years, held a press conference in Tokyo on the 15th. 
At the press conference, it was announced that Mutoh, who was revealed to have joined Noah, will make his first defense against Kaito Kiyomiya (24) at the Fukuoka International Center on March 14th.

Mutoh had a match against Kiyomiya at the Yokohama Cultural Gymnasium on August 10th last year, and won, and this will be his first defense, which will take place one month after the belt was taken. 
"In my diagnosis, this will be a title match one month after the cure. I was talking about making title matches once or twice a year, but today I signed with Noah, and since I took the belt I want to defend it a little. I wonder against Kiyomiya last summer, and I wonder if I can do it in one go without risk?"
He looked at his 24 year old challenger with a calm expression. 

Kiyomiya, who had been called "without risk", responded with "I see it as a chance." In the Budokan he had challenged in the ring, and later declared, "I want to defeat Mutoh, and illuminate Noah's future". 

Mutoh announced his overseas defense plan saying, "I received an e-mail asking me to do a title match in the United States. Taiwan I am confident in, so I want to make a title match there." He repeated again that, "In that sense as well, I want to handle the match against Kiyomiya as the International Center as one without risk." Mutoh also revealed that his contract with Noah is, "centered on big matches", showed a desire to take the GHC tag, and nominated Taiyo Kia, as a partner, who he once took both the IWGP Tag and the World Tag with. He also revealed a plan to invite him to the unit "M'S Alliance" formed by wrestlers with the initial "M", to which he belongs, but "his real name is Mossman, so don't call him". 

Mutoh and Kiyomiya will also have a tag match in a six person tag on the 24th February Korakuen Hall event and the 7th March Yokohama Budokan event. In addition, at the Fukuoka event, GHC Junior Champion, Seiki Yoshioka, will make his first defense against Atsushi Kotoge.

Comments