(NOAH) Participation at ZERO1 "All-Star Great Charity Festival" ~ Yasukuni Shrine Sumo Wrestling Place, Tokyo, Japan (March 27th, 2021)


"ZERO1 Yasukuni event, which heralds the arrival of spring"

Kinya Okada, Yoshiki Inamura, Junta Miyawaki and Kaito Kiyomiya took part in ZERO1'S "All-Star Great Charity Festival" today. It was the first time they had ever wrestled at the shrine, and they paired off into Okada & Inamura vs Kiyomiya & Miyawaki. You can find the full results in English here (courtesy of Wrestling-news.net). The event also featured wrestlers from other promotions other than Noah and ZERO1 such as All Japan, GLEAT, ZERO1 women, Diana, BASARA and OZ Academy. Inamura called the Noah team "NEW HOPE"

The event was held to raise funds for the medical professionals who are battling Coronavirus, as well as people affected by the Great East Japan Earthquake and the Kumamoto Earthquake. Entry to the event was free of charge, but ZERO1 asked for a donation of at least 500 yen. 2280 people attended, with those who arrived early being given a small commemorative gift. There was also a lottery, and the lucky fan that won the Shochu, also bought a ticket for Noah at Korakuen Hall in April. The venue is outdoor, and fans bought picnic lunches and beer, and best of all for the Noah fans, was that ZERO1 allowed them to cheer, and a "Junta! Junta!" chant went up. 

The event was broadcast via "digital ticket", which basically means it was a PPV. I am afraid I do not have any information on how much this costs, how long this will remain available for, and whether or not you can purchase this from outside Japan. Most likely in lieu of the match being put on WrestleUniverse, Battlemen will be the way to see some of the spots. 


The match was a 30 minute tag match. Fans not too familiar with Noah, were somewhat amazed by the size of Yoshiki Inamura (regular Noah fans are usually amazed by the size of Yoshiki Inamura), and those in the know thought that Kaito Kiyomiya lacked his usual bounciness and had become somewhat more serious. They also thought he looked a bit washed out following his concussion, but Kiyomiya threw himself into the match with usual gusto, using his flying headbutts almost right away on Yoshiki Inamura. In a more comical moment, the ceiling of the stage was a little low, and Kiyomiya is tall, making the audience wonder whether he was going to catch his head. 
Junta Miyawaki is developing into a technician, (which makes you wonder if Yoshinari Ogawa has any plans for a protegee and is busy pulling strings, probably half because Miyawaki is promising and half because it would annoy Kotaro Suzuki), and worked on Yoshiki Inamura's taped arm. However,  the match was won in 14 minutes 56 seconds via the Musou by Inamura on Miyawaki. 

Noah attended the closing out ceremony, with Kiyomiya (the most senior of the four), standing in the foreground. 

Post match interviews

KAITO KIYOMIYA 
"I didn't win today. I might not have been able to win, but what I was able to do in my return battle, here in Yasukuni, a sacred place, I think has something to do with it. I will use that strength that I received today as my energy in the future, and I will rise up from now on."


YOSHIKI INAMURA & KINYA OKADA
INAMURA: I am glad to win at Yasukuni.
OKADA: I'm glad
INAMURA: We want to improve our strength, and surpass our seniors even more. I want further wins and more results. Thank you for today. 
OKADA: Out of all the amazing cards created, I am glad that we, only the young Noah, were able to have a match in such a good place and win. I want to show the momentum of the young people of Noah. Thank you. 
Q: Did you feel the effect of displaying Noah's wrestling? 
INAMURA: It has. It wasn't just me, today everyone did it with the feeling of "let's display Noah's wrestling". Also, with such an opportunity it is not just me who has evolved Noah's Pro Wrestling, the four of us, myself, Okada, Miyawaki and Kiyomiya, would like to show it. 

Kiyomiya later said on Twitter, "I returned to the ring for the first time in two weeks at the Yasukuni event, and I couldn't help Miyawaki's best efforts. I wonder what is the usual condition..." 

WITH THANKS TO: Shu-Taso, Marianme, Baninguk, Battle-News.com, Siroiro (A+)
PICTURE CREDIT: Battle-News.com, Noah GHC

Comments