(NOAH) GHC Heavyweight Match Signing; "I'm not aware of any other matches", CyberFestival "Key Performer" GHC Champion Mutoh, while Marufuji emphasizes the pride of Noah


17th May 2021
Pro Wrestling DX

MARUFUJI: I am Naomichi Marufuji from Pro Wrestling Noah, and I will challenge Mutoh at the 6th June Super Saitama Arena. When Mutoh entered Noah, we started working together at the M'S alliance. I think that such a very reliable and respected presence has entered Noah, but as a wrestler I feel very threatened by the influence that Mutoh has had on Noah in a short period of time. I have been with Noah since the beginning, and in order to show my own presence I think the best way is to beat Mutoh now. On the day in question, I want to leave a solid result and show the significance of my presence in Noah. And since I have never held the belt since it became this new form, I definitely want to experience this belt. 
MUTOH: It has been a while since I have come to the Saitama Super Arena, and once again I think it is a great arena. I am very pleased to be able to have a title match here during Corona, and on the day of the event I want do pro wrestling that energizes people who watch. 
Q: How do you feel about having a GHC match at the Saitama Super Arena? 
MARUFUJI: I haven't really been to the venue very much, so realistically I don't really have very much feeling for it. I have been watching it in other events, because it is the Saitama Super Arena and the main arena. There are a lot of restrictions due to the coronavirus crisis, but I can have a title match there and because the opponent is Keiji Mutoh, I hope I can have a match that will resonate with all the fans who come. I am looking forward to wrestling at the Saitama Super Arena. 
Q: You will be the last among the three major title matches in the match order? 
MUTOH: Probably a lot of matches will be made on the day, right? Surely. Pro Wrestling is basically a world where anything goes, and I don't really care about the other matches. I am confident in my own pro wrestling, and am not aware of other matches that I want to compete with. 
Q: Marufuji, are you conscious of other matches? 
MARUFUJI: It may be necessary to improve this event in terms of enhancement, but I am now aware of it now. Only my match, only my opponent. 
Q: It had been called a "Genius Showdown"
MARUFUJI: I am not a genius at all*. Genius Keiji Mutoh, I just want to consume the ripe Mutoh. 
Q: You have been admiring him since you were a fan, are other emotions such as wanting to win, bigger than emotions? 
MARUFUJI: Of course I have various sentiments, but I don't think that he is an opponent who I can be forced to turn up and compete with. I'm excited. 
Q: Marufuji, you haven't shown the Tiger King Zero in the pre-matches yet, is this a point to watch out for? 
MUTOH: Well for now, there is another pre-match. To be honest, there are very many tricky moves in his technique. I think I have to pay attention to it, and it's all about how to react without a warning.  

*He hates being called "Noah's Genius", commenting in his biography that he is no smarter than anyone else.  

Comments