(NOAH) Kenoh's letter, written while infected with Corona, aiming at returning on the 15th May at Korakuen.

Sunday 9th May 2021
Yahoo.co.jp\BBM Sports

Kenoh, who has been sent due to becoming infected with Coronavirus, appeared in a suit at Noah's empty arena event on May 2nd, and announced his return to the ring along with Manabu Soya, Haoh and Tadasuke on the 15th May at Korakuen Hall.

Kenoh developed a fever on the 16th April, and missed Noah's event on the 18th at Korakuen Hall. A positive PCR test was done on the 21st. He had a high fever of 39 degrees, which continued for a week, and was hospitalized on the 21st, and discharged on the 28th. 
At the empty arena event on the 2nd May, Kenoh said "I am just grateful to the medical staff and the health centre. Thank you very much. Corona is severe. Young people, don't think you are okay either, you can easily get infected if you let your guard down. Be really careful". As well as losing 6-7 kg during medical treatment, Kenoh warmed that "the pneumonia is so bad that you can't breathe, even if you move a little". 

Currently, Kenoh has set the goal of returning at Noah's 15th May Korakuen event, and is working hard on training because it has been determined that it will be held with an audience. Before his return, Kenoh published a precious handwritten letter commenting "It was really hard with a fever of 39 degrees, but I wrote it at the hospital for the "Weekly Pro" readers". His condition is good and his weight is starting to return, he says "On May 15th, all of Kongoh will return. If you can't come to the venue, there will be a free live broadcast on ABEMA, so please watch". At the event, Kenoh will team up with Katsuhiko Nakajima, Masa Kitamiya and Manabu Soya to fight "Funky Express"(Mohammed Yone, Shuhei Taniguchi, Akitoshi Saito and Masao Inoue). Nioh and Tadasuke will form a three man with Nioh, and will fight against Kotaro Suzuki, YO-HEY & NOSAWA. 

The event will be broadcast live on the Internet TV "ABEMA" fighting channel from 4:30pm JST on the 15th May. After overcoming the difficult situation of Kenoh's Corona infection, Kongoh will resume its advance to control Noah. 

Kenoh's letter

"I, Kenoh, have been infected with coronavirus. I deeply apologize for causing inconvenience and concern to many people. I am very sorry. 

My current symptoms are a fever of nearly 39 degrees which I have had since April 18th, a headache and a non stop cough. There are no other abnormalities. I have been receiving medical treatment at home under the direction of the health centre while taking antipyretics*, and I have been hospitalized since the 21st. 

First of all, I would like to explain how I became infected. I attended a housewarming celebration held at an old friends house on April 11th. I had dinner at my friends house, and also wore a mask, but when I think about it again I can't say that my infection control was perfect. I felt relaxed because the situation was well ventilated, and it wasn't crowded. 
On the morning of the 16th, I was told that someone who had participated in the housewarming party had tested positive by PCR test. At that stage I didn't have a fever, but I was worried that there was a high risk of infection. I developed a fever that day, and undertook a private PCR test, the result was positive. The same test was done at a health centre on the 18th, and the result was again positive. I missed the 18th April at Korakuen Hall, which meant I missed time for the first time in 13 years. Pro Wrestlers get injured, and I had a modest pride that I had never been away from the ring. It's a pity that it's come to an end, but unfortunately it can't be helped. Above all, I am really sorry for Kongoh's Manabu Soya, Haoh and Tadasuke who were certified as close contacts and had many chances to be around me when sitting together when travelling and dining. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize again. I am really sorry for my carelessness and causing inconvenience. 

It is said that Noah has always been going onward, even with the Coronavirus pandemic. I have said it profusely every time in my column, but I am so embarrassed that I have become the first wrestler to become infected on the roster, I can't face anyone. 

Since I have been infected with Coronavirus, I knew that it would not be safe to meet with people and that even if I do have a fever, even a small one, then I had to keep in touch with the people around me. In addition, I would have been crippled by the remorse that I would have had potentially transmitted the disease, and cause trouble for many people. So please note, this column has not been suspended and has been written in the form of a letter. I hope that my actions and experiences can be a lesson.

Last but not least, I am grateful to the medical staff and the people at the health center. Thank you very much. I will continue to take further measures to prevent infection, and keep in mind not to cause any further inconvenience or concern. Currently, I am working on my recovery, and when I return I want to do my best to wrestle. I look forward to working with you in the future."  

*Medicine to bring a fever down.

Picture credit: Weekly Pro

Comments