(NOAH) Kotoge's Susumu counterattack, "This time too, "Cutting the meat from the bones" ~ GHC Junior match signing ceremony.

25th May 2021
Pro Wrestling DX

*The phrase "Cutting the meat from the bones" means to basically inflict damage on yourself but cause greater damage to the opponent. I have left it in the Japanese form as there is no equivalent translation in English.

※ Yuya Susumu is absent due to participation in another promotion

Q: What is your enthusiasm for the title match? 
KOTOGE: This time in the second defense, the challenger has progressed. He has a technique with a great sense of speed, and when I noticed this in the pre-matches, he bought in the submission. I am trying to practice countermeasures after being made to submit and I am trying to do it during practice, but I think this will be called the "root" part of the match, perhaps I should say that my own pro wrestling is the same. I have the guts. I have been able to become the champion and defend. The wrestling may still be earthy, but this time too its not all about "cutting the meat from the bones", to the last I want to bring in my emotions. Ohara and Harada have teamed up, and I think they will be intense, and therefore a solid team. Including Miyawaki, would like to build the Noah Juniors with the four of us.
Q: What is the caution of Susumu again?
KOTOGE: The most threatening thing is the CrossFace which he did in the pre-match. He can do that from anywhere, so I need to be vigilant. Other than that on the whole he is an all rounder, and the strikes come. I think he is more likely to fall behind in that way, but I don't think he will ever lose out to any other wrestler in terms of state of mind. If you have that attitude, I think you can turn everything upside down, even if you don't break it. 
Q: Together with the junior tag, in total will this be against STINGER? 
KOTOGE: After returning to the juniors, I first entered STINGER and even after I left I have been fighting them. Naturally they didn't attend the signing ceremony today. Strong habit, but when I think about it there is no end to it. As the champion I can say it with confidence that you are "yourself" aren't you? I will always fight as myself. I am not upset by this, and now it is me that is the "face" of the Noah Juniors, and I am fighting with that strong feeling. I have a challenger for the belt as I have said, but I want to fight and overcome my own feelings. 
Q: The endurance and the reversing of pro wrestling stands out, but what do you want to say as a champion during Corona? 
KOTOGE: This time it was planned to be originally held in Ota Ward, but it has gone from there. The company was fortunate to be able to make the title match for the next day, and as result the customers were moved over. I think there still will be some who come to us though. I don't think it's only me, but I feel that all the customers are fighting together, and so I feel like "let's fight together". I can only wrestle, so I want to fight with you throughout the match.
Q: It will be a memorial event for Misawa on the day
KOTOGE: It's hard for me to talk about Misawa, but to the seniors who remain in Noah, what is Noah's pro wrestling? What is the pro wrestling taught by Misawa? I think this has been passed on, and I have absorbed that wrestling taught by the seniors and convey this to the fans who have never seen Misawa. I want to make that completely important.

Comments