(NOAH) Lifting the 350kg tire! The challenge of a "Strong and big body" ~ Yoshiki Inamura's Strongman Training (Part 1)


15th June 2021
Vitup.Jp

There us a rumor that there is a professional wrestler who uses huge tires to train, and so the editorial department of "VITUP!" went to interview. Since it was introduced in part of the column by Editor-in-Chief Sakuma, some people may be curious. This time we interviewed Yoshiki Inamura, who belongs to Pro Wrestling Noah. He is an active wrestler at the forefront who delivers power from his body of 182cm and 120kg. 

Inamura handles this huge tire with ease by flipping and throwing it. 

★ Here is part of the training scene.

The Tire Flip

A program in which he turns over 350kg tire that lies on the ground. 




Speaking of training using tires, tire pulling is common, but I have never seen such a big tire in the first place, so I can't help but be surprised by Inamura's training program. We talked directly to Inamura about his tire training. 


Q: Please tell us how you decided to do tire training. 
INAMURA: From the start it as been one of the events in the "Strongman" competition, and I became interested through this. A couple of years ago I had the opportunity to receive guidance from a strongman athlete, Kenji Nakajima, and I did a "tire flip" for the first time. It seemed to be effective for pro wrestling, so I wanted to do tire training at the Noah dojo, but it was hard because I couldn't get the tires they use in the competition. 
Q: So how did you get the tires in the dojo? 
INAMURA: These were gifts. When I was looking for tires, I found information on social media that Nakajima was looking for someone to take them and I immediately contacted him and he gave me the tires. This is why these tires are not like "foster cats" but "foster tires", and that is how my training started.
Q: What kind of competition is Strongman that started it? 
INAMURA: Strongman is a sport that is not very big in Japan, but it causes a lot of excitement overseas. It is characterized for example, by a unique event called "Viking Press", when people compete to see how many times they can raise a big Harley. It's fascinating to watch. Film actor Arnold Schwarzenegger hosts an event called the "Arnold Strongman Classic", and the athletes who appear in the deadlift may hold a world record in deadlifting. Although the event has been cancelled in recent years due to Corona, the event is held every year in Japan at the military base Yokosuka. Fierce athletes from all of the country, including Nakajima, participate. 
Q: It's just like the impression of a strong man, I'm interested. 
INAMURA: I am happy you say that, as a pro wrestler I have a strong desire to make my body "strong and big", so Strongman training was the best choice. It's a competition that I want more people to know. 
Q: How did you feel when you first practised? 
INAMURA: I was pretty nervous at first. I call myself a pro wrestler, so there is pressure on the title (laughs), and I remember going in with a lot of enthusiasm. I didn't know much about the strongman area, but I was happy to hear that when I flipped the tires they said, "As expected, he is strong"
Q: That's right. I am really impressed that you can handle such heavy tires, I tried it for the first time but I couldn't even pick it up.
INAMURA: It's really heavy, isn't it? However, even just talking in short about Strongman, depending on the individual the strengths and weaknesses of the competition will emerge. I'm good at using the strength in my legs, and I am good at flipping tires, but on the other hand I am not so good at the actions listed above. Therefore in the future I would like to strengthen those areas too. 
Q: You are still growing stronger, aren't you? 
INAMURA: Yes. There are many strong and big people in the world, and I want to do my best to grow even stronger and bigger with Strongman training.   

Comments