(NOAH) Champion Marufuji is confident in developing a "wonderful match" with Kazushi Sakuraba: 1st August GHC Heavyweight match signing ceremony


Friday 30th July 2021
Pro Wrestling DX

Q: Enthusiasm for the match? 
SAKURABA: Hello, this is Sakuraba. I didn't expect the match to be arranged, so I will do my best to defeat Marufuji. Thank you. 
MARUFUJI: Regarding this match, I think it will be a completely different match from the challengers so far, including Kazushi Sakuraba's pro wrestling and the pre matches...which has been different from the way I think about pro wrestling, and different from the pro wrestling that I have been doing. When Kazushi Sakuraba's wrestling and Naomichi Marufuji's merge I think it will either be insanely interesting or it will be a shit like match, but I want to make it an insanely interesting match, and then I want to beat Sakuraba.
Q: What is your impression of the GHC Heavyweight Championship? 
SAKURABA: I think as an image it has a weight of 20 years. I wish I could take that heavyweight belt, but I have a bigger desire to beat Marufuji rather than taking the belt.
Q: Throughout the pre-matches, what have been your responses and precautions? 
MARUFUJI: Sakuraba's pace is very difficult to do, and the facial expressions are hard to read. However, I think there is a key to defeating Kazushi Sakuraba, and I am gradually creating an image. First of all, please take off the rash guard* Do you want to do that? Why are you wearing it? 
SAKURABA: I have delicate skin and when I rub it on the ring it hurts.
MARUFUJI:...That being said I want you to experience my chop, so please take it off if you are so inclined. 
Q: Marufuji said it would either be a match that was great or not at all...Sakuraba, what are your thoughts? 
SAKURABA: I think so too, because I won't be able to understand the match until I try it, and therefore I have always been told that the match was good. Having said that, there are times when it just comes together and so I will do my best thinking about how to make it interesting. 
Q: Is the image of the match swelling? 
SAKURABA: Um...there are two days left, so I am not going to let the image swell too much. If you make a different move than expected (after imagining it), you will become confused, so I don't always fix on something so tightly. I will establish the image of what I want to do. 
Q: Up until now when there was a big match in Hiroshima, it was always associated with the word "Misawa"*, but it will be a different situation this time. 
MARUFUJI: Regarding the association I think it's a good point for me, but the choice of words may be bad for Sakuraba and myself. To be clear it is unrelated, and I would like to focus on fighting Kazushi Sakuraba in the title match. 

*Rash guard: Rash guards are a type of athletic shirt. They are made to protect your skin against rashes and harmful UV Rays from sunlight. 

*For the newer fans, Misawa died in Hiroshima in 2009 following an accident in the ring. Since then Noah have been to Hiroshima 22 times in twelve years, and this will be their first time since 2019. 

Comments