(NOAH) Great attention to strongman training! Noah's next generation power fighter, "Strong Man" Yoshiki Inamura

6th July 2021
Yahoo.co.jp\BBM Sports

From spring this year, Noah's Yoshiki Inamura introduced strongman training on a regular basis and his is further refining his powerful fight. While he is beginning to steadily stand out in Noah, he is also participating in ZERO1's single league tournament, "Fire Festival 2021 (21st Midsummer Festival)" which started on July 2nd.

"My body shape has become like a tire"

Q: What is your current weight?
INAMURA: It remains at 120kg. If I increase it a little, it will be difficult to move but if I want to increase it I can increase it I think.
Q: Has there been any change since you introduced Strongman training?
INAMURA: The muscles in the middle of my body and the shoulders and grip strength have become much stronger. It feels like I have passed through the centre, and for the first time I found my core.
Q: It seems that it works in this way for parts that cannot be trained with equipment
INAMURA: It feels like I am using fine muscles that I don't normally use. Rather than it happening on a grand scale, it's more like its raising the overall look and on the whole its a feeling of getting bigger.
Q: Are there any parts that can be used in the match?
INAMURA: It's pretty exciting. There was an event where you carried sandbags, and although I had gained weight, I couldn't breathe in the event. After that, it was simply easier to lift people, and even stones of up to 120kg I can lift up to the shoulders.
Q: You also lift stones?
INAMURA: I lift stones and sandbags. Its basically a competition to lift things that aren't supposed to be held. You can also use the power of your fingers and the strength of your hands.
Q: What other competitions are there?
INAMURA: If it's tires it's like flipping one after the other. It's the specialty of the gym where I go to practice, "Tire Sumo" (laughs). I haven't done it yet.
Q: Are you basically training with 100kg and 350kg tires at the dojo?
INAMURA: Yes, for example there are "tire flips" that turn over about 350kgs of tires, "tire throws" where 100kg of tires are thrown backwards and "flip jumps" where I jump on and off ten times after flipping over the tires.
Q: Since you introduced Strongman, there has been a lot of feedback from all sides.
INAMURA: I didn't think there was going to be such a reaction from social media. I was surprised because I think probably everyone didn't know.
Q: When did you start?
INAMURA: It was about this spring, so a few months ago when I obtained 100kg and 350kg tires.
Q: How did you start Strongman training?
INAMURA: I met Kenji Nakajima, the leading Japanese Strongman, through a connection with Munenori Sawa who I am indebted to in various ways. I have always had an admiration for big people.
Q: Your costume has also been changed to a tire motif?
INAMURA: I have become a tire man (laughs), it has even been said my body shape has become like a tire. It feels like when a pet and owner look like. For some reason, everyone who is a Strongman has a round body and with it a sense of being a strong man. Former WWE and current AEW wrestler, Mark Henry, was also a Strongman and became the best in the world. Watching a documentary on Strongman, Mark Henry appears quite a bit as an expert.
Q: What kind of technique are you specifically using in the match?
INAMURA: There is a German suplex which is a throw, and GEKITOTZ (a technique of charging at and throwing the opponent).
Q: Lets move on to the Fire Festival, why did you decide to participate?
INAMURA: Because I have experienced the strength of Masato Tanaka. His strength was amazing and I aspired to it, but when we fought a singles match (5th March 2021), I felt powerless. After that I started to feel regret and I wondered that if I participated in the Fire Festival I could have another singles match with Masato Tanaka. I feel strongly that I want to exceed him.
Q: What kind of image do you have for the Fire Festival?
INAMURA: There is also my image this time as well, but this is a league where wrestlers from various promotions who have solidified their positions gather to fight with each other. Formely there were unknown foreign wrestlers, and just like a festival it was exciting.
Q: You are the wrestler participating this time who has the shortest career.
INAMURA: Tsugutaka Sato is a little senior to me. Roughly speaking, I think that Takafumi and Ayato Yoshida are of the same generation, but the other wrestlers are quite different in their careers.
Q: You are in the same block as Masato Tanaka?
INAMURA: Everything worked as I wanted and in addition there is Hartley Jackson, the champion of the previous year, and Otani in A Block of the Fire Festival. Looking at it, it is pretty tough but I think that you can show your true potential only if you put yourself in such a tough place and so on the contrary I am happy.
Q: You had a disappointing result of a total loss at Noah's "N-1 VICTORY" from September to October last year.
INAMURA: It's a conventional expression, but I wasn't who I am now then. I had only experienced two league events, including Strong Climb in Big Japan. But I am not worried about Fire Festival at all. I have a strong feeling that I can win the championship, but that may be unfounded confidence (laughs). Whether it is match or practice, I am still thinking no way is it going to be like this. I have to show it somewhere, and I am going to erupt at Fire Festival.
Q: Currently there are a limited number of matches in Noah.
INAMURA: Singles are rarely made, and I am grateful to be able to have five in such a situation. Some people are huge, and some people are not big but have strength.
Q: Fuminori Abe is the type who fights with feelings regardless of physical disparity
INAMURA: I have watched quite a bit of Abe's matches, and I had met Sawa before I entered Noah. I never thought the day would come for a match.
Q: What kind of impression do you have of Sato?
INAMURA: He's huge, isn't he? And bigger than I expected when I saw him in the ring. He is in the ring doing it free and energetically, and even though he is young he has great initiative. I think that ability to take action is important in pro wrestling.
Q: It seems that you will have a meaningful fight with all five wrestlers.
INAMURA: This is the first confrontation with Otani, someone I have been watching before I entered Noah, not to mention pro wrestling. Wrestling is naturally varied, so in a way doesn't passion make a great person? I want to have that kind of passion for a long time, I won't lose with that.
Q: Are there any wrestlers you are interested in that are in B Block?
INAMURA: Shigehiro Irie
Q: Why?
INAMURA: It's the same as Abe, and when I watch his matches I am curious. I too want to experience the power of Shogun Okamoto
Q: Is it the sumo connection?
INAMURA: I just did it in High School. Okamoto is someone who climbed the ranks. I haven't played against a pro wrestler with a sumo background yet.
Q: Finally, what kind of person do you want to show at the Fire Festival? What do you want to absorb?
INAMURA: I want to show the number one source of power. I want to win and absorb all the strength and intensity of the Fire Festival.

Comments