(NOAH) POST MATCH INTERVIEWS: NOAH the SPIRIT 2021 Masa Kitamiya 10th Anniversary Tournament (Saturday, August 28th - Takaoka Ecourt, Toyama)

AKITOSHI SAITO

Q: For the N-1 your spirit goes beyond
SAITO: True. This is something that can be understood by fighting a wrestler called Okada. Now, at this point there is the significance of me appearing in the N-1, and there are various things that I can't tell my juniors. In this way I was allowed to do that. I think this is my first appearance since it was named the N-1 and I have a lot of responsibilities, that is why the people who face me must be completely destroyed. I will take down the guy in front of me. 
Q: You are the only participant from the Funky Army.
SAITO: Funky have their own thoughts, but that is not the reason why I won the contestant deciding match. However, I thought that at this juncture I might "become slow", so I had to rise up and force my way through. I hope it can be felt what I want to convey through my fight, and even in Funky, I emphasize the thirst for blood. I hope it will have a good effect in uniting Funky. 


YO-HEY

YO-HEY: I apologize for the inconvenience caused to all the wrestlers, all the people concerned, and above all, the fans. As you can see YO-HEY-chan of the Noah Juniors has made a comeback. Thank you. 
Q: What are you focusing on going back to the start? 
YO-HEY: Honestly, it's health management. You can't do anything if you are not healthy. Pro wrestlers, politicians, presidents, everyone has been able to reconfirm that with Corona, health is the best. Once again, care of health. I was a guy who thought to gargle with Isodine. 
Q: There is a match against Yoshioka in Kanazawa tomorrow. 
YO-HEY: Yes. When the match card was announced I wondered at "this timing", seriously in convalescence! To be honest, even if I attack Yoshioka in anger, because he is clever I think he will be condescending. So this time, I will intentionally do nothing and not devise any countermeasures. I want to go to the ring, look at him across it, and then fight leaving it to my body. From now on, unlike YO-HEY-chan who is going round in circles like a fool, I want to gradually recover. Thank you.


TAKASHI SUGIURA & NAOMICHI MARUFUJI

Q: Why don't you get together as a champion tag? 
MARUFUJI: There is no losing component. Even more so, I was wondering how much would pop out today because it's King Tany...and if we would see if it looked better (shows the belt) King! That is a fake King.
SUGIURA (laughs): We don't have to worry about anything. But, I am more worried about my opponent. He calls himself a "King", but he couldn't go a little longer.
Q: In Kanazawa tomorrow, Magical Immortality is coming, have you heard anything? 
MARUFUJI: The other day, the young guy (Kiyomiya) who was a second went on the rampage, and although it was nothing to do with Magical Immortality, he was eclipsed and he is really angry. Should you be careful? Maybe a new (demon) "Gisu"* will come from Hell!
SUGIURA: It's not! It's not! But "Gisu"...will it be in Japanese-Chinese style characters*? 
MARUFUJI: "Takashi" maybe?

*Gisu = Sugi. Marufuji's nickname for Takashi Sugiura. 
*This will change the meaning of the word, while it remains the same reading for example the infamous Edo Yoshiwara district's original name is "Reed moor". Not so appealing as a red light district, it's name was changed but its pronunciation remained the same by the use of Chinese characters to "Joyful moor". Naomichi Marufuji has employed the same method by changing his name to be spelt the same, but pronounced as "Magical Immortality" when he is in his demon form.


KOTARO SUZUKI

Q: It was a one on one fight about the junior challenge while refraining from the N-1.
KOTARO: Since I am preparing for the N-1, first of all is HAYATA'S bent...I am seriously going to take it. Even though I am the junior representative in the N-1, it is not cool if I don't have a belt. 
Q: It seems that the significance of the Tiger Driver and its impact has also increased? 
KOTARO: It's been my specialty for a long time. Looking at my block, they are a little bigger and a little heavier than me, aren't they? No problem. 
Q: How do you see the current champion HAYATA again? 
KOTARO: We once tagged, and I have an understanding. I am improving my ability, and I will win based on that. I always thought I would leave the belt to the younger guys...but this time I need it. 
Q: What are you focusing on for the conquest of the N-1? 
KOTARO: Beyond the conquest of the N-1, it's the GHC Heavyweight Champion, Naomichi Marufuji, right? It's fixed. His body is in a perfect condition, while mine is beaten up...well, I will prove the power of the juniors. Only I can do that.


NOSAWA RONGAI
"I didn't have a match today, but I couldn't wait until Kanazawa, so I came to attack Ogawa. Many people have said various things about the pretext with Kiyomiya, but my underlying pin is with Yoshinari Ogawa, and HAYATA, on second thoughts maybe it's because I'm a junior. I am declaring a boycott of the match on the 3rd September at Yokohama Radiant Halls. Even if I win there is nothing in it for me, even if it can be said to be a complete resolution. That is what I will do if I win, you can give me the right to participate in the N-1".


MASA KITAMIYA

KITAMIYA: First of all, I am happy to be able to hold a commemorative match at the ten year juncture in this way. People have come to the venue even in difficult circumstances, and there are many people who support me in different ways. I am very happy. The N-1 Victory will start next month and although we (Kiyomiya, Inaba) will all come out in separate blocks but I want to look ahead and push forward towards a bright future. 
Q: As an athlete you have entered into a career of ten years, but what are you aiming for as a wrestler? 
KITAMIYA: The N-1 is coming soon, and I am always aiming for any belt. The goal is the same as before. There is one more thing though, when I entered the Kensuke Office, Akira Hokuto said a person is "fully fledged after ten years", and I am grateful that I have been able to arrive here without serious injury and without having to retire. 
Q: The situation where you have not yet had a single title continues? 
KITAMIYA: Yeah, I want to give it big momentum here. I am not at the level of being "frustrated" anymore.

Comments