(NOAH) Atsushi Kotoge opposes Yoshioka & Susumu's non title notification

10th September 2021
Pro Wrestling DX

On the 12th September at Noah's Korakuen Hall event for the GHC Junior Tag Team Champion the champions (Seiki Yoshioka & Yuya Susumu, the champions, vs Atsushi Kotoge & Hajime Ohara, the challengers) it was announced by the champions that the belt would not be presented. Kotoge has no choice but to "send this" because there are no more pre-matches. After repeating his thoughts on the creation of the "Noah Junior never seen before", he discusses and advises the champion team. 

Q: The championship team of Yoshioka and Susumu said that due to "insufficient heat", "the belt wouldn't be worn properly". There are no more pre-matches, so this may be a non title match.
KOTOGE: I have some thoughts on the attitude of the champions, but I think I need to convey my own. 
Q: Yoshioka said, "Just how much are you thinking of this belt? I haven't heard your thoughts on it, and you say the same thing every time about making a new Noah Junior."
KOTOGE: If the person who captures the belt is a single or a tag, then the belt has the right to move to the front. Belts are for everyone to aim for. For us naturally for example, going to the forefront as our main purpose is to "create a future Noah Junior". That is it. So, we have to stay in the centre and I think the belt is essential. Sorry. 
Q: Susumu said, "What is this "hot Noah Junior"? What is "Hot?" Your fire has gone out. Did you transmit something to challenge? What is this new Noah Junior? Don't show me the unfinished one."
KOTOGE: Certainly, I keep saying, "I want to create a Noah Junior in the future", and so people like STINGER and NOSAWA Rongai have often said something like "Show me what the new Noah Junior is", and I certainly didn't answer it either. To be honest I might be laughed at, as I don't know the answer either. I have never seen that scene myself.
Q: I believe that this is the stage where you continue to give heat to connect to a bigger movement
KOTOGE: Yes, and one that no one has seen. A long time ago the Noah Juniors had a "Golden Age", and Marufuji who was in it said "Noah's Juniors are the strongest", but unfortunately I didn't know that scene. Therefore, ever since I came to Noah I have longed to create a Noah Junior scene which is as good at that time. The Noah Juniors have had crises many times, but now with all the people in place there is a response that can be created now, so I would like to continue to focus on that. That's why I want the belt."
Q: In that sense, Ohara is also one of the people who has been fighting for that scene in the Noah Junior's. 
KOTOGE: I think he is a comrade, who has been particular about the Noah Juniors, and I have a lot of respect for him. Also with Ohara, I challenged for the junior tag in his hometown of Kawasaki last year and we lost to Ogawa and HAYATA. We couldn't take the belts in his hometown, and that regret has always been in my heart. So, in Yokohama on September 3rd, the moment when Ohara beat the champion team, I was hooked and in that way there was an immediate overflowing. 
Q: What is your impression about the current champions, Yoshioka and Susumu? 
KOTOGE: Naturally, they are strong. They have the strength of travelling across promotions, the ability to leave a track record, and there is a bond between the two. However, I get the impression that their words are cold or just "plausible". Don't they have a dream? Certainly, the Noah Juniors have a lot of new wrestlers these days, and they may have a strong desire for the "belts" to make a name for themselves in order to survive. How many years do you think we have been struggling, and that is including Ohara? Our collective thoughts on the Noah Junior's itself, is different. 
Q: The matter of the GHC Junior Title match on September 12th is still awaiting a decision at present. 
KOTOGE: The Junior title match has been organized in the opening round of the N-1, which is going to attract attention. If anything, I think the title match is special for fans, and it is the perfect opportunity to show that the "Noah Junior's are also intense" as the heavyweight-centered N-1 starts I think.
Q: Are the champions abandoning the chance for the Noah Juniors to appeal? 
KOTOGE: That's right. In the first place, they should have accepted the challenge directly in Yokohama on September 3rd, I wondered if it was possible to counterattack in the next pre-match with aggressiveness, and whether they would respond...the course of action is unsettled also, and if your efforts are wasted, then as the champions shouldn't you be ashamed? Well, I don't know if the opponents will even read this interview*, but I have stated my feelings. Nevertheless, put the belt on the line or not. If that is the case then I will burn you up, keep pushing and hunt you down to the point where you have to accept the match.
*They did, and Yuya Susumu said in typical sarcastic style that the championship match was on because he was so moved. 

Comments