(NOAH) "The best fresh feeling" Naomichi Marufuji aspires to a "same unit confrontation" with Funaki, a request for the 10th October Osaka event

30th September 2021
Tokyo Sports.co.jp

Noah's GHC Heavyweight Champion, Naomichi Marufuji (42) visited the Osaka Sports Umeda office in Osaka. With "GRAND SQUARE 2021 in OSAKA" (EDION Arena Osaka No 1), he had a request for Masakatsu Funaki, who he eagerly longs for to be the challenger. 

Marufuji's challenger will be decided from between Kaito Kiyomiya, Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima and Masakatsu Funaki, who have all advanced to the "N-1 VICTORY" finals night in Osaka on October 3rd. Marufuji says, "The lineup is great. Rather than taking the last round from the top, I am waiting with the image of the GHC and the Noah champions will fight. I think the mental motivation condition to win the N-1 is quite strong."
He cannot wait until the challenger is decided. 

Regarding Funaki, who works with him in the M's alliance he says, "I have mixed feelings. We had a singles match up for a few minutes at Funaki's anniversary, and I felt the strength in just a few minutes. He is the best in terms of a fresh feeling. He looks in good condition, even at his age."

In contrast to the challenger who has fought fiercely in the N-1, Marufuji will come out to the match without having entered the league. "I have been wrestling for 23 years, and I am practicing the perception of the match well and conversely I am preparing my condition. I feel there is an importance in what the fans see, and I will do my best in Osaka after a long absence. I want as many people as possible to come and visit us."

Comments