(NOAH) "I simply want to aim for the N-1 consecutive championship" Interview with Katsuhiko Nakajima


Translated from BBM-Japan.com
11th September 2021

As the opening of Noah's annual single event, "The N-1 VICTORY" is approaching at Korakuen Hall on September 12th. Katsuhiko Nakajima, the champion of the previous year has been named as a candidate for the championship this year as well, talked about his thoughts on winning the N-1 consecutively. 

Q: Speaking of the future, the N-1 VICTORY, which you were the champion of in the previous year, will open at Korakuen on the 12th September. You were the champion the previous year?
NAKAJIMA: I simply want to aim for the consecutive championship
Q: No one has won the championship twice in a row for 11 years since it's predecessor "Global League" started in 2010.
NAKAJIMA: This is the third time since the name changed, and I am the only one who has reached the championship twice in a row. I want to do something unparalleled.
Q: Because your debut was the youngest in history? 
NAKAJIMA: It's good to do what no one is doing. 
Q: Was last years victory big for you? 
NAKAJIMA: It was big in many ways. There were many things last year. 
Q: It was a championship following the betrayal of Go Shiozaki in August last year, and entering Kongoh.
NAKAJIMA: I wondered if I could overturn my previous image, and promote myself like never before. The N-1 last year gave me a wider range of myself.
Q: Is there a match that left an impression on you? 
NAKAJIMA: It may take some time to remember. I can only remember the opening round with Kenoh and the final. 
Q: There were wins over Naomichi Marufuji and Takashi Sugiura, and the advance to the final.
NAKAJIMA: Is that so? I don't remember anymore.
Q: You broke through B Block with your only loss being to Shuhei Taniguchi
NAKAJIMA: I remember that. He's not doing it this time (smirk) He's King Tany now, right? I don't have to come into contact with him. 
Q: He lost to Kendo Kashin in the qualifying match on August 15th in Kawasaki, so he is not going to enter this year. 
NAKAJIMA: If I come into conflict with him now, he will be burned. I am glad I haven't got any opponents I don't want to fight.
Q: What enthusiasm do you have this year? 
NAKAJIMA: I won the championship last year, so I feel like I should do my best this year. This year, I will wrestle matches that is more focused on content than last year and leave good results. I will show you as Katsuhiko Nakajima, who is stronger and more amazing than last year. It has been announced that the winner will be able to challenge for the GHC Heavyweight Championship, right? 
Q: Yes, if you win at Korakuen Hall on the 3rd October, you can challenge Marufuji for the GHC Heavyweight Championship on the 10th October in Osaka.
NAKAJIMA: It should be easy to understand. I will win and take the belt with the same momentum. It's good that only I can win the championship this year, there is only now. The format is different this year, right? 
Q: Four wrestlers enter in four blocks each. The 1st and 4th wrestlers in each block will play off in the final event. 
NAKAJIMA: Win all three C block official matches with best bout, proceed to the finals and win the last two matches. Furthermore, it's going to be awesome to take the GHC Heavyweight Championship from Marufuji. I know it is hard, but I will do it.
Q: First of all, you have to win C block.
NAKAJIMA: This year there are four wrestlers per block. I can't lose to even one. The significance of one point makes all the difference. That is why I want to go hard with a small chance of victory without thinking of losing even one.


Part 3

Comments