(NOAH) "Masa Kitamiya is still one of the cute juniors" - interview with Katsuhiko Nakajima

BBM Sports
10th September 2021

As the opening of Noah's annual single event, "The N-1 VICTORY" is approaching at Korakuen Hall on September 12th. Katsuhiko Nakajima, the champion of the previous year has been named as a candidate for the championship this year as well. What are Nakajima's current feelings towards the N-1 this year? 

The interview starts first of all with the fact that he lost in the "loser loses hair cage match" with his Kensuke Office younger brother and fellow Kensuke Sasaki trainee, Masa Kitamiya on the 26th June, and was given a buzz cut.

Q: Thank you for undertaking an interview for the first time since October last year
NAKAJIMA: Why didn't you come to interview. I have been waiting for a long time, and it's been a long time. 
Q: Is that so...well, the first think I want to hear about is the empty arena match on June 26th. You fought against Masa Kitamiya in a cage match where the loser loses their hair.
NAKAJIMA: It was a long time ago
Q: How was it when you did it? 
NAKAJIMA: It was refreshing 
Q: Your past ties have been cut? 
NAKAJIMA: No, we didn't have one in the first place. It's all over with him, and there is no conversation. I feel like I am responding to how he is acting. He said we didn't need anyone other than the two of us and I said I understood and said a cage, he said the loser gets their head shaved. 
Q: How was the cage match? 
NAKAJIMA: It was different than usual. There was no audience, and it like an alien planet. 
Q: Was there a degree of difficulty? 
NAKAJIMA: The range was narrowed because I couldn't get out of the ring, so I think I focused more on the opponent. It was hard to get hold of the atmosphere because it was so different from usual. 
Q: You also aimed a missile kick from the top of the cage? 
NAKAJIMA: I had been trying to do that 
Q: Was it from Akira Hokuto? 
NAKAJIMA: She was on commentary, right? 
Q: It was Bull Nakano, who was the opponent that Hokuto had fired a missile kick against during a cage match
NAKAJIMA: Yes. Other than that it was special, and I wanted to enjoy the cage. That was my real intention. Anyhow, I wanted to enjoy myself. There are many meanings to having fun (dry smile)
Q: The outcome was defeat
NAKAJIMA: Of course I was disappointed
Q: Even so, do you agree with it? 
NAKAJIMA: I have no choice but to accept it. 
Q: Was there a weight off your shoulder after the cage match? 
NAKAJIMA: No, there was the the GHC Tag Team Championship (22nd July, Korakuen Hall) after that. He is a persistent man. Even when he cuts my hair in the cage, he brings out the GHC tag championship too.
Q: What kind of feelings do you have towards having your hair cut?
NAKAJIMA: It was a weight off my mind
Q: In that sense too (laughs)
NAKAJIMA: But that's it, it's different when it's cut by other people, this was humiliation. 
Q: I didn't see that...
NAKAJIMA: I didn't show it too much, but it was a match that gave me various emotions because it was a cage match with Masa. He might have hated me for a long time, but I have always liked him. He is still one of the cute juniors*. Originally we tagged together as THE AGGRESSION, and we took the GHC tag belt together. Even went to Kongoh, I was with him again. In Noah alone there are many stories, but for me, the time with him is intense. We fought in a cage, and various thoughts came out.
Q: But, it was humiliation 
NAKAJIMA: Because it was a match, if you lose then you will be humiliated. I had my hair cut unwillingly. 
Q: Listening to the story so far, why didn't you say anything even though you had these feelings? 
NAKAJIMA: It's a weight off of my mind because I can't hold a grudge like he does (laughs). I'm the type that forgets the past. What you do from now on is more important than worrying about what has passed.


*Not a Noah Junior or a Junior wrestler, but rather a student who Nakajima was senior to

Comments