(NOAH) "Noah has Noah's good points, New Japan has New Japan's. It is the fans who compare them." Interview with Katsuhiko Nakajima

12th September 2021
Yahoo.co.jp/BBM Sports

In an interview with Katsuhiko Nakajima, the previous years champion of Noah's annual single league "N-1 VICTORY 2021", he first gives his thoughts for the match against Masato Tanaka in the opening match on the 12th September at Korakuen, and Kotaro Suzuki on the 19th September. In addition, we asked him about his thoughts on the GHC Heavyweight Naomichi Marufuji, who is not participating in the N-1, and his awareness of New Japan's "G1 CLIMAX 31" , which is being held at the same time as the N-1. 

Q: Naomichi Marufuji of the "M's alliance" is the GHC Heavyweight Champion, and Takashi Sugiura of The Sugiura Army is the GHC National Champion. Furthermore, unaffiliated unit wrestlers Kaito Kiyomiya and Masa Kitamiya are the GHC Heavyweight Tag Champions. 
NAKAJIMA: Kongoh currently now have no belts. In terms of topicality, Kongoh have led Noah for a long time, but there are no belts. It's frustrating for Kongoh, and I want to change that trend somehow. 
Q: Indeed
NAKAJIMA: With Kenoh as the head, the topic of Noah is always related to Kongoh. The juniors are the only ones who have been challenging for the belts, but they get no results. However, the benefits that the M's alliance and The Sugiura Army have are not interesting. I'll do something unexpected in this N-1.
Q: It's a rebellious situation, isn't it? Now in the same block, a single with Masato Tanaka has been made for the first time in three years and ten months. 
NAKAJIMA: I think we fought in DIAMOND RING first. We fought twice and I lost both times. I'm still fine. 
Q: What about the match against Kotaro Suzuki? 
NAKAJIMA: Nostalgic. I wonder what will happen? Maybe I can return to the feelings I had when I was a junior? Back then there was a slightly different ruggedness, but I feel there will be a revival in various ways. 
Q: Meaningful official matches will continue
NAKAJIMA: That is why I am confident that I will be the best bout in each match, my condition is always good, and I'm trying to avoid injury. I'm thinking of making the N-1'S "N" into Nakajima's "N". So when "N-1" is said, my image is created.
Q: What about the non participation of the GHC Heavyweight Champion, Marufuji? 
NAKAJIMA: I think it's okay. It is more interesting for me to win this extremely harsh N-1 and fight the energetic champion in a beaten up state both mentally and physically. I've never won a title match against Marufuji.
Q: You wrestled for the GHC Heavyweight Championship once once, in July 2014, but the result was a defeat.
NAKAJIMA: When I was the champion, Marufuji ignored me. I've won league matches before, but the aftertaste is always bad.
Q: From October 2016 to November 2017, when you were building yourself as the GHC Heavyweight Champion, Marufuji was listed as a challenger candidate many times, but in the end he didn't do that.
NAKAJIMA: Marufuji and Sugiura are the main pillars of Noah. At that time, I thought I could build an era by wearing the belt and defeating them, and I strongly hoped for that. But Marufuji talked about me, saying that I "wasn't a face yet". 
Q: Eddie Edwards took the GHC Heavyweight Championship from you, and before anything, Marufuji challenged.
NAKAJIMA: That was really humiliating. Marufuji sometimes shows that kind of dislike, which is good in many ways.
Q: It may be possible to resolve the humiliation from then over four years.
NAKAJIMA: I want to win even more.
Q: Finally, this year as well the N-1 will be held at the same time as the "G-1 CLIMAX 31" of New Japan, are you aware of this?
NAKAJIMA: I don't think you need to be so aware. I don't have any resentment. Noah has Noah's good points, New Japan has New Japan's. It's the fans who compare them, and we wrestlers don't need to. Only I can do my wrestling, and only Noah can do Noah's. If you can't believe it, it means you are ignoring it (rough). 
Q: I see
NAKAJIMA: I think it is more important for Noah to spread it's merits, so I will win this years N-1 and we will present that. The recent Noah has been a topic talked about by legends, but the stimulation of Noah is Kongoh. Kongoh will dominate Noah in the wake of this years N-1, so stay tuned.

Comments