(NOAH) POST MATCH INTERVIEWS: N-1 VICTORY 2021 NIGHT 2 (18th September 2021, Noah Special Arena)


MASAKATSU FUNAKI

Q: Looking back on the Saito fight? 
FUNAKI: I didn't get hurt. There is also the next match, so I wanted to avoid taking as much damage as possible and I tried to dodge as much as possible, but...it was hard. Including throwing. 
Q: Although your career is longer, it was a battle of the same generation. 
FUNAKI: Saito has had a better career in pro wrestling. In that sense it was like a rookies new debut..it felt a little like that.
Q: Will you participate in the N-1 again? 
FUNAKI: I think the outcome will change depending on whether or not I get injured, so I just want to avoid that. 
Q: Next is Kitamiya? 
FUNAKI: I want to win over his weak point. Other wrestlers I care about? Well, Fujita is the best in this block and if I can't beat him, then I can't progress. It's sly, but I have to save as much as possible and fight with my own strong points. After all, I have to do it, I am aiming for the finals.


KAZUSHI SAKURABA

Q: You fought the junior, Kotaro? 
SAKURABA: Even though he is a junior, his technique is a heavyweight. His plancha, that was pretty heavy! I thought that when I hit my head on the floor...One by one, all the other techniques were heavyweight.
Q: It was a painful win, but? 
SAKURABA: Win, a white star...isn't it a dazzling victory*? (laughs)
Q: The single matches will continue? 
SAKURABA: I will do my best not to get injured 
Q: In the end you used the roll up in reverse to stop the escape? 
SAKURABA: Yes, I don't know the name of the technique but from the Omoplatta** it is in the form of entwining the arms and entwining the legs. 
Q: Next it is Masato Tanaka
SAKURABA: I was watching the match of Tanaka and Sugiura, and thought it was amazing. How they exchanged...
Q: What is your impression of Masato Tanaka? 
SAKURABA: Tanned!

*Sumo term when a lesser experienced wrestler triumphs over the grand champion
**Type of joint technique used in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.


MASAAKI MOCHIZUKI
"3rd time in the N-1! The first time I lost in the first match, the second time the first match was a draw, and finally I start with victory! There are only three official matches, anyway if you decide to run fast from the start, you will run out of breath...I mean, there are only three matches. This victory is huge. At the press conference, I said to Inaba "harmless at the outset", but nothing I said was harmless. In fact, it wasn't harmless at all. It was dangerous. But two points. These two points are big. Next is Kendo Kashin? Both of us have been doing this for over 30 years, we have fought a little in tags, but I don't really remember it. Then there is Kendo Kashin's style, so I think the next match with him is going to be a "game of wits" rather than a physical fitness or a pro wrestling match. I can win, but I need to think carefully and devise countermeasures.

DAIKI INABA
"You said, "I'm not harmless at the outset", but it was no good...don't end up with this chance, "It's a shame". This is a great opportunity for me to go higher. I will never give up, I am looking forward to fighting two more matches"


KAITO KIYOMIYA
 "Finally...I feel like I have taken one step. But this still the first N-1 match and I have a goal. The day after tomorrow, Takashi Sugiura, and I will set in motion what was stopped by defeating Keiji Mutoh!"

MANABU SOYA
"Shit! I lost in the first match, but by all means in the remaining two matches, I will make victory a thing! My heart is burning bright red. Everything will come out!"

Comments