(NOAH) POST MATCH INTERVIEWS: N-1 VICTORY 2021 NIGHT 5 (26th September 2021, Korakuen Hall)

MASA SAITO
"Willpower. No matter how beaten up I am, if I can find a way out even a little bit I will show my will and win, bastard. I will turn to revenge on both Funaki and Fujita, bastards!"

TAKASHI SUGIURA
"The N-1 is over for me, but as expected, it's tough. The matches are tough, if you lose one, then you can't see the way ahead. If I think about it in the first match, it was just one minute and then it was over. It's a tough league. As a double champion I still have belts, and so I will continue to work toward my next goal."

DAIKI INABA
"The final round was with a slippery customer. Indeed, I was about to be dragged in the opponents ring, but in the end it was a perfect 20, right? It was 20 the first time, right? But finally, I got a complete 20. I had to think outside the box, it was another experience. I will develop this as my own to proceed from now on"

KENDO KASHIN
"Everyone was in collusion...both the referees and the wrestlers"


KOTARO SUZUKI
"This is the end of my N-1. I told you I would make an dent, but it may only have been a needle prick though. But if a hole is made, then I can open it from there. I'm glad I was in the N-1, I have gained experience. I will go back down to the Noah Juniors. Thank you N-1."

MASATO TANAKA
"Damn. There was a response. I really think about pro wrestling, and if I wanted to do it with Sakuraba carefully during this period then I had to set it up for 30 minutes, so if I aimed for a short term match I would be defeated. No matter how many years I have been wrestling, I can't find the answer. However, one thing I can say is that this is Masato Tanaka's pro wrestling, which I will keep doing all the time."

KATSUHIKO NAKAJIMA
"Oh, I'm glad. I passed through with luck on my side. I will never forget winning today. When you come here for the final match, it's only me, right?"


KENOH (with Kendo Kashin)

KENOH: Old men and cool uncles...no, an old people are on par with old people, I had good luck. But hey, I won! I have broken through the block. I'm going to the semi-finals. Hey, I said it even before the N-1 started, I can
t let them make Noah into a home for the elderly. What is a league match with an average age of 50? Even if those guys get out, I can't see the future. Noah is not a place for old men to earn pocket money. Noah has a bright future, and that future will open. Do you know who will do it? Do you know? The winner of the N-1 will create the future of Noah. DO YOU KNOW WHO IT IS? IT'S ME, KENOH. The "N-1 VICTORY 2021", the winner is me. I will do that for certain on October 3rd. Hey, all you fuckers, follow me, Kenoh, who will win the N-1...

KENDO KASHIN walks in applauding. 

KENOH: Hey, what are you doing? You can't advance? 
KASHIN: That's right. Congratulations. 

KASHIN asks for a handshake

KENOH: What is this handshake? You guys really piss me off. 
KASHIN: No, no, it's over. The match is over. 
KENOH: B Block is over. I am in first place! 
KASHIN: That's why myself, Mochizuki and Inaba want you to carry our feelings and win
KENOH: What? You mean something like "fighting spirit?" Stop messing around, that's all you want to do. This is why I don't like old people. 

KENOH tries to leave, and KASHIN follows him

KASHIN: Wait. Look.

KASHIN takes off his t-shirt, a logo can be seen on his chest.

KENOH (reading): "Noah's Care Home"
KASHIN: I made it just as you told me
KENOH: Isn't that a little fashionable? Don't make it in earnest. Stupid bastard, go to some public home for the elderly!

KENOH leaves

KASHIN: That's cruel. For God's sake...


MASAKATSU FUNAKI

FUNAKI: First of all, the high mountain was today, so I am relieved that I got over it. Am I the winner in a weeks time? Isn't it? (In the final round of the tournament) Well, no matter who comes, it can be anyone; Mutoh, Kiyomiya, Kenoh, Nakajima. But I am really happy today. I hurt my neck somewhat, it's quite hurt, but it will be cured by next week. 
Q: What made you win? 
FUNAKI: My strategy. I wondered if it was good to have made a strategy based on the cause of the previous defeat, and transfer it by myself at the beginning of the match. I was growing short of breath and wondered if it might be possible, but in truth when the power bomb is thrown it happens all at once. In my case, I am really vulnerable to being thrown and I thought that if I could endure that, then it would be possible to look for a chance before too long. It was a shock. A shock, but I can't give up. The result came from fighting with what I can do. 
Q: Is Fujita a special opponent? 
FUNAKI: There are very few factors for victory. If you are pinned down, then your knees are next. Following that, being punched from above is a disadvantage, so the first priority is never to be completely pinned to the ground. 
Q: The semi final will be a fight with Nakajima, which you were hoping for? 
FUNAKI: It's been arranged? Then wishes come true. I will do my best. It will be a continuation of the tag during this time*. Personally, it has had a great effect. One of my goals this year is to fight someone in their thirties, and where the ages are different by about 15 or 20 means I am getting better at it now. When fighting in those circumstances, you are tried the most so its about techniques, stamina and physical strength, which makes it the most fun to do. Well, there is some damage today, but I will cure it in a week.

*When they fought in a multi man tag match, not that they tag together or currently tag with other people. 


KAITO KIYOMIYA
"Frustrating...Frustrating...I didn't win...but I didn't lose. There are two more matches in this league, and I will definitely stand there (pointing to the heavens) again."

KEIJI MUTOH

MUTOH: Shit! Shit! Oh this is annoying. Question.
Q: Did you feel any change in Kiyomiya compared to when you fought before? 
MUTOH: He's getting stubborn. However, after a few matches, he's being doing a lot of research on me. But don't focus on me, I'm not the only enemy. I think he's worked hard, and I think he's been researching me. I'm tired. 
Q: How was competing in the league after a long absence? 
MUTOH: If I couldn't take the league this year because my condition is getting worse, and when it comes to next year saying something like that is a little discouraging. I thought it would be this year. I feel down. I feel down, can I go home? Ok. Ahhh, shit.

Comments