(NOAH) Worried Ace Kaito Kiyomiya, evokes his own "wildness" in his determination to surpass Keiji Mutoh

8th September 2021
Yahoo.co.jp/East Sports Web

Noah's worried ace, Kaito Kiyomiya (25), is trying to escape from his slump in the single league the "N-1 VICTORY" (which opens at Korakuen Hall, Tokyo on the 12th). From this spring, he has fallen into defeat and into a big slump. The beginning was the GHC Heavyweight Championship in March, when he challenged "Pro Wrestling Master" Keiji Mutoh. Kiyomiya suffered a concussion during a match where he had a crushing defeat and was rushed to hospital as an emergency, but "I am angry looking back on it. I can't move forward unless I climb a big mountain called Keiji Mutoh. If I can't shift that memory, then I can't move forward." In the N-1, he has been incorporated into the same A Block as Mutoh, and the official match (and the opportunity for revenge), will take place at Korakuen Hall on the 26th. "This is a tremendous opportunity. I will bet my life on it. Of course, the N-1 title is important, but it may be more than that. I am not thinking of the future."

Grasping at the chance of recovery, he defeated NOSAWA Rongai, who he was forced into a bloody battle with in May, at the Yokohama event on the 3rd of this month. Succeeding in banishing his humiliation he said, "I was able to honestly express what I wanted to do. It opened something like a lid somewhere inside of me." After this, he found the light. "The scenery that I couldn't move because I was worried, started to move. I want to stir even more, and that is Keiji Mutoh in A Block". Even outside the ring, "I noticed that while I didn't usually care about nature walks, I was overwhelmed by the smell of grass and the big trees that were growing thick and strong, I felt the natural energy of living nature. The wildness in me is stimulated". 

Is it possible for him to evoke the forgotten "wildness" and overcome Mutoh?

Comments