(NOAH) Sugiura "Fate", Mochizuki says "Maybe there is nothing greater than this" - 28th October Kumamoto Championship match signing

25th October 2021
Pro Wrestling DX

GHC National Championship
Masaaki Mochizuki vs Takashi Sugiura

MOCHIZUKI: At last, I took the GHC tag belt in January last year, and I think that a single match and the single belt is what I have always wanted as a pro wrestler. This is a match against Takashi Sugiura, who I have always wanted to fight, and it's been a long time since I was really excited about a singles match. Looking ahead, I am really enthusiastic to think there is nothing greater than this.
SUGIURA: I am Takashi Sugiura of the Sugiura Army. Did you see it? The challenger when I entered. Did you see it? He was standing. Mochizuki stood until I came in and took a seat. Until now, I have never had such a gentleman challenger. I am the same, this is an opponent I definitely wanted to fight. We were both born in 1970, and for some reason DRAGONGATE wrestler Mochizuki lived in the neighbourhood I did when I first lived in Tokyo, and so I never thought the day we fought would come. And, no way, he went to the same tanning salon as me and then went to this press conference today as well. I think this is fate, but I can't lose anything. 
Q: What is your impression of hearing what Takashi Sugiura said, and what is your impression of Takashi Sugiura as a pro wrestler?
MOCHIZUKI: When I saw him in the neighborhood a few years ago, I thought there were some rugged people. So, Sugiura. After that, I knew immediately I wasn't in such a tough neighborhood when I looked at myself (rough). Back then, I never thought the day would come when we would really fight and for that matter, when the day came for me to challenge for a heavyweight Noah GHC belt*, I never dreamed that I would be over 50. Fortunately, my body isn't too injured and I think its still my heyday. Purely, I think he is an opponent to fight hard to the MAX. 
Q: What is your impression of Pro Wrestler Masaaki Mochizuki? 
SUGIURA: I've only watched his matches since he came to Noah, but he hasn't had an opportunity to win. He is a wrestler who really wants to fight. When I look at the matches with other wrestlers, would I say that his fight has aesthetics? It's a little misleading to speak of kindness, but I feel like I am fighting with a kind of aesthetic of an opponent who always shines in a fight. I really wanted to fight someday, and so I am looking forward to being able to wear this belt as it can be done in the best situation.
Q: Are you conscious of being compared to the GHC Heavyweight match, that will take place two days later in Kumamoto? 
SUGIURA: To be honest, I have always wanted to make people think that the fight between me and Mochizuki is going to be more "awesome" than the main event in Fukuoka. Do you know why? You are not going to be on commentary right? Kannazuki* isn't coming. There is that difference, and so in that sense, I don't want to lose to the GHC Heavyweight match in Fukuoka and having a good match, so the value of the belt will increase. 
Q: When did you first want to fight Sugiura? 
MOCHIZUKI: When I saw him in my neighborhood, I didn't think we would be in a position to fight back then. I never thought about it, but then I came to Noah. I think there are various types of pro wrestlers, but my own guess is that the fighting vectors in pro wrestling are similar. After all, among pro wrestlers there are wrestlers who use various splendid techniques, and wrestlers who can excite the customers by putting together a match with a few rugged techniques, I think that when I fight and I'm not that brilliant either. Therefore, when we fight, the wavelength will definitely match. After this, for me I don't think there are many wrestlers who I have regrets about losing to, and so I think he is such an opponent.

*The GHC National is meant to be for both heavyweights and juniors, except heavyweights have held it since it's inauguration in 2019 so Mochi can be forgiven for thinking it's a heavyweight belt.
*ABEMA commentator

Comments