(NOAH) "I would like to chase a record breaking match", Mutoh announces the second double in history of the big three conquest - the GHC tag signing ceremony.


12th November 2021
Pro Wrestling DX

MARUFUJI: I don't really have anything to say, I said it in the ring after the match at Korakuen Hall, but the two people who were really cute juniors, are the really the champions Kiyomiya and Kitamiya. I have lived Noah for a long time, and I have witnessed the history of the tags with the tournament held to crown the first champions, which was won by Vader and Scorpio who became the first tag champions. I have been witnessing these things for a long time, but recently there has been a part with the tag belts being neglected recently. So by all means, I would like to take these belts with Mutoh, and make it belts that will be featured more than singles, and for that I will definitely win.
MUTOH: It's great to pursue a memorable match and become a memorable wrestler, but people's memories are poor, I would like to chase a record breaking match and a record breaking wrestler here. In the singles I have had the GHC, the single and the IWGP. As for the tag, I have had the World Tag and the IWGP, this time it's the GHC tag. I am going to aim for the Grand Slam. 
KITAMIYA: I was keenly aware that the most troublesome thing in the situation where the challenger does not appear, is for the champions with the belt. When these two came forward, it was really a bolt out of the blue. 
KITAMIYA: It's been about four months since I took the tag belts with Kiyomiya in July, and I have spent time in the absence of a challenger. These two, Mutoh and Marufuji, continue to reign at the top forever and ever without losing their quality. They are like symbols. While I respect them, I find it very annoying as to how long it has been. Speaking honestly, you have been a thorn in my side. Tomorrow, I would like to defend strongly with both respect and disrespect.
KIYOMIYA: Speaking for myself, I have been chasing Keiji Mutoh this year. There have been conflicts and I've taken various detours, but I think I have had an experience that cannot be replaced. The centre of Noah, I am thinking about that, Keiji Mutoh and Naomichi Marufuji are the focus of that topic and if anything it may be a new landscape. Maybe. But time is ticking, and so I think we have to make an effort to eliminate their momentum. We will defend the belts in Yokohama, and we will go to the centre. The times are still like this, but with the power of pro wrestling...at the venue, I want to give power to the Yokohama Budokan, come and see. Tomorrow there will be a live broadcast on WRESTLE UNIVERSE, so I would like to reach a lot of people. Thank you Pro Wrestling Noah.
Q: You have won belts with many different partners in the past, but what kind of reaction does the tag with Marufuji have? 
MUTOH: Well, he's called a genius but I just say that I am sure the genius part is his quick movement or ad-lib nature. I don't really like to decide in advance what to do when I team up, but I think that with him I can make various decisions in harmony.
Q: When you teamed up with Sakuraba, you aimed at doing DOUBLE IMPACT*, but this time you have an awareness of the victory or defeat?
MUTOH (to Marufuji): You are not aiming to do DOUBLE IMPACT this time, right? In the ring with Sakuraba, there was a squabble over who would lift. This time I am definitely not planning on it.
Q: What kind of team is the tag with Mutoh likely to be? 
MARUFUJI: It's totally the same. During the match in the part of creating our own pro wrestling we build it during that process, and I think that Mutoh is the leading person in the portion where I am aiming for that. The tag is easy, and it's comfortable. Subsequently, I think that putting on the belt means it will be in the best circumstances. 
Q: Do you feel the awareness of being tag champions from the current champions? 
MARUFUJI: How about it? One person didn't bring his belt, so I didn't think he was aware of the significance. But when he is having a match or when I am listening to him talk, it seems that he has that part firmly. What I am saying is that within myself, rather than their awareness, I have seen the history of the GHC tag, and I want to establish it as someone who has touched on it because the champions are good, because it is a GHC tag, and because my partner is Mutoh. Ultimately, I created a theme that is easy to understand for myself, and so I wanted to deliver it to the people who will watch, and so I am in a position where it is very easy to speak among these members and it turned out to be something like this.
Q: What are your thoughts on the GHC tag? 
KIYOMIYA: The reason why I didn't wear the belt is because I wanted to think about it. I have no regrets, Kitamiya and I have the belts, and so I think it is a dream. Kitamiya and I have been together at the dojo, and together we have experienced various tough times together. From now on and with these belts, we want to go to the core of Noah and raise the excitement. 
Q: What kind of vision do you have as champion with the recognition of the history of the GHC Tag? 
KITAMIYA: History is made by people in the past, but we are living in the present, and we will build history from now on. I don't really care about the past. I am thinking of building a championship road that can only be done with Kiyomiya, and I am really glad the opponents of the first defense will be Mutoh and Marufuji.


*The Road Warriors Doomsday Device finisher. Sakuraba thought that Mutoh meant the film.

Comments