(NOAH) "I want you to feel the greatness of Noah now" Katsuhiko Nakajima talks about KENTA'S participation at the 1st January Nippon Budokan.

10th December 2021
Yahoo.co.jp/BBM Sports

Noah's New Year at The Budokan is fast approaching. IWGP US Heavyweight Champion, KENTA, who is currently wrestling in New Japan, will participate in the event. During his WWE era, he participated in Noah at Naomichi Marufuji's 20th anniversary show at Sumo Hall on September 1st 2018 under the ring name of Hideo Itami. As KENTA he will be participating in his old home for the first time in 7 years and 8 months since his last Noah match on May 17th 2014.

It was Katsuhiko Nakajima, the current GHC Heavyweight Champion, who wrestled KENTA in his last match, and lost. At that time Nakajima shook KENTA'S hand and said, "Fighting today, I think KENTA will definitely return to Noah because this is the best match and you can't do it elsewhere. I think that is what he really feels. I don't want to lose for it to end like this. At the time he returns, I am going to get double payback". 

At the Nippon Budokan on the 1st January, KENTA will team up with Takashi Sugiura and Kazushi Sakuraba to wrestle Masa Kitamiya, Daiki Inaba and Yoshiki Inamura. Nakajima meets the challenge of Go Shiozaki in the main. There is no direct confrontation, but what does Nakajima think about KENTA'S participation in Noah? 

"Nothing in particular, but perhaps I should say that I have an awareness of it? As it is, I feel like he is coming back to his old home for one night only, and I don't know what he's coming back for. Even if you look at the match card, it feels like he's going home on New Year's Day, right? Well, I want you to feel the greatness of Noah now. Isn't it always that your parents house is cozy? I don't think it will end with that. I can't say that I am not interested in KENTA, and there is also the participation in New Japan on the 8th January in Yokohama. But what I am doing now is more interesting than KENTA, as the GHC Heavyweight Champion, I am moving the era."

With KENTA'S participation for the first time in seven years and eight months, Noah's 1st January Nippon Budokan event is getting more attention. In the main event, Nakajima will try to show Noah's "Now" to his formal rival. 

Comments