(NOAH) Marufuji declares "aim for Tanaka", man born in the zodiac year Mutoh declares "Advance from New Year's Day" - GHC Tag Championship signing ceremony


Pro Wrestling DX
28th December 2021

Masaaki Mochizuki is absent due to scheduling, his comments are read out
"Firstly, I am very sorry that I was absent from the match press conference. I am excited and honored to be able to have a title match at the Nippon Budokan on New Year's Day. My partner is the best, and my opponents are the best. I feel the most significance in challenging the two geniuses with Masato Tanaka, who have been famous and shining since their debut. And I want to prove that the M's alliance is the best, even if we fight and get off to a great start in 2022"

TANAKA: On New Year's Day, I have a double header, and in both matches I am getting ready to be a double champion. Please look forward to it on the day, thank you. 
MARUFUJI: As this title match is an M's alliance showdown, and joining these members, I am the youngest member of the team. While I have been accumulating my career, the chances of having a match surrounded by these veteran wrestlers is decreasing. I think I am still in the process of growing, so I would like to take something and grow more in this title match. The other day I had a singles match with Tanaka ans feeling his strength and his good condition, I definitely want to take the three from him at New Year's Day at The Nippon Budokan, so I will not hesitate to do my best. 
MUTOH: This year, I have been able to make a lot of memorable matches, and I was able to become a champion. It has been a very fulfilling year. And next year? Next year is the year of The Tiger, so it's my Zodiac. Since the plan for the year starts on New Year's Day, I will continue to from there. 
Q: What do you think of Tanaka's doubleheader title match 
MUTOH: Well, it's totally okay. I wonder what it's all about. I am just focusing on my match, and whether he wrestles two or three matches, it doesn't matter to me. 
MARUFUJI: The title match is with Sugiura at Korakuen Hall at noon, so I really want Sugiura to wear Masato Tanaka's physical strength down as much as possible to make it easier for Mutoh and I have the match. But, perhaps Tanaka will recover in just a few minutes before coming to the Budokan after the fierce title match. To be honest I don't care about that, I want to concentrate on the GHC tag here without worrying about anything. 
Q: Mochizuki said "M's alliance is the best, even if we fight"
MARUFUJI: Naturally I share the same feelings. For example there is a part of wrestling that rather than dealing with hate, denying the opponents etc and making offensive remarks, by respecting each other and having a pro wrestling match with obstinacy and with pride, I think in seeing something like that it will be a fierce match. Like Mochi says, it is the best match and I think we can do it with the best members.
Q: Mutoh, we have talked about the match, is there a rivalry? 
MUTOH: Honestly, there is no rivalry. However, as far as our match is concerned, Mochizuki, Tanaka and Marufuji next to me are all in very good condition. In any case, I still have some time in my condition, so I will concentrate on the match so as not to be inferior to these three people. 
Q: What do you think when you hear the remarks of Mutoh and Marufuji? 
TANAKA: He said that I will recover in a few minutes, but after Sugiura, it may be difficult in just a few minutes. But I will be perfect in a few hours. The team with Mochizuki really fits, and I have been able to do Tanaka & Mochizuki over and over again in Noah, and we are getting results. If the two of us can put on the belt at this time, I think it will be the greatest.
Q: What about wrestling on January 1st? 
MARUFUJI: Of course, I think that is amazing to be able to have a match at the Nippon Budokan on New Year's Day. While I want to continue to make this a regular event, I am a little sad that we may lose this further down the road. I have been working hard with The Budokan as a goal before, but that is on January 1st the start is The Budokan, and so I think I have improved it by one rank or two or more. An event on January 1st, New Year's Day, isn't the best, but I want to make it something that would allow us to make the year the best. So I think I have no choice but to do my best. 
MUTOH: To tell the truth, on January 1st, I'm probably sitting watching Kouhaku Uta Gassen* on TV during New Year and eating Ozoni* slowly. But since pro wrestling starts on January 1st, there is the Yokohama Arena on the 8th and Korakuen Hall in the meantime, and one week after the Yokohama Arena, there will be a match in Sendai shortly after. I feel like I am running a full marathon, and I definitely want to finish it.  
TANAKA: I have been doing New Year's Day at ZERO1 for many years, but this is the first time I will have had a doubleheader on New Year's Day. It feels really great to be able to do a double header at Korakuen Hall and the Nippon Budokan, both of which are synonymous with pro wrestling. So, if I can do both title matches there, then I can wind two belts there. From here on I would like to envision my dream, and make it a reality. 

*"NHK Red and White Song Battle" is an annual New Year's Eve television special featuring two teams of the most popular musical artists of the year competing in song battles, which culminates at midnight. Interestingly, the concept has been going on since 1945 after the end of the second world war, when it was broadcast as a radio show. The word "battle" was dropped from the title at the time as GHQ (the occupation forces) didn't want the word "battle" being said on the air. 
*Ozoni: Traditional New Year's soup of rice cakes and vegetables.  

Comments