(NOAH) "Maybe betrayal" "Which KENTA arrives depends on mood" - Interview with KENTA before New Year's Day Budokan

26th December 2021
Pro Wrestling DX

Q: Noah at The Nippon Budokan again...
KENTA: First of all, it's been a while since I have been interviewed for Pro Wrestling/Martial Arts DX. I think it's been about seven years. So first of all, I am glad to be back here. 
Q: Thank you, I'm grateful...so, what are your honest feelings about participating in the Noah Nippon Budokan event? 
KENTA: I think each person feels differently. Seven years have passed (since I left Noah), and I have had seven years doing my own thing. Of course, Noah has had seven years passed that I don't know. After spending our seven years, fate intervened, and I decided to participate in the event. That's why each person may have their own thoughts, but this happened because of all the coincidences, so I am just looking forward to it. 
Q: When you were in WWE, you went to Noah once as Hideo Ita...
KENTA: No, I'm sorry, but I don't talk about that anymore! He's dead! I feel sick. Even though it's been a long time, but...he's dead. 
Q: I'm sorry...I'll avoid using that name. Are your feelings completely different this time, from the time you where in WWE? 
KENTA (suddenly changing): No, that's not the case. I think it's a feeling that only myself can understand. I think there are people who say "Separate but as one" (as KENTA and Hideo Itami) and people who say "You are you". Only I know, but it's different. There is nothing to explain in detail how it is different, but it's not what I was when I was in Noah seven years ago. 
Q: Which one is closer to you? Appearing at KENTA of BULLET CLUB or KENTA formerly of Noah? 
KENTA: I won't know until the day. It depends on the atmosphere and the mood at that time...mood doesn't mean "capricious", but I want to leave it to emotion. Strangely, I don't it to be "I'll arrive with this", but I want to leave it to how I feel. The only thing I can say is "Not The Sugiura Army". 
Q: At The Budokan, you will form a three man with Takashi Sugiura and Kazushi Sakuraba. Sugiura said something like "Have him do it as a newcomer in The Sugiura Army"
KENTA: I hate people who use personal names as unit names. I don't admit to anything other than the Ishihara Army*
Q: Do you feel happy to be able to work with Sugiura again after a long time? 
KENTA: Of course. I'm always interested in checking out the trends, the condition of not feeling age even in your 50s, is stimulating. Sometimes I want to use my injuries as an excuse, but when I see Sugiura, I feel I can't say that...but how he uses social media. I feel the characteristic danger of an old man. That's why I don't get involved with him, I don't know what to say (laughs). Marufuji is also dangerous, but in a different sense. This is why Takashi Sugiura doesn't feel his age in terms of condition, but he's a complete old man on social media.
Q: Okay, it can be said that is a judgement of how unique Sugiura is, but what about Sakuraba? 
KENTA: The impression of being a "mixed martial artist" is stronger than the impression of being a "pro wrestler". He has been inducted into the UFC Hall of fame, and I respect that. However, I don't know much about pro wrestler Kazushi Sakuraba, but the impression I get from the outside feels like "I'm really enjoying this, this seems to be fun."
Q: Well, in a word, you are looking forward to it? 
KENTA: No, no, no - I've talked a lot so far, why do I have to put all my thoughts into one word? By yourself if you have summarized "Well in a word, are you looking forward to it", why do I even have to say it? What? Are you new to this? 
Q: I've missed this sensation of being attacked...how about your opponents Masa Kitamiya, Yoshiki Inamura and Daiki Inaba? 
KENTA: Of course I know Kitamiya. We spent time in Noah together, but he was still young with a shaved head and a fresh feeling. It's been a while, but he's now "Masa Kitamiya*", right? I have always been interested in his success, but I've never been in contact with Masa Kitamiya or fought him, so in a nutshell I am looking forward to it.
Q:...This will be your first match against Inamura and Inaba? 
KENTA: They are wrestlers who have been competing in Noah after I have left, so of course I don't know them and perhaps they don't know me, so that is not known.
Q: Kitamiya, Inamura and Inaba are three of the regulars who will support Noah in the future, but Sugiura has dared send encouragement to them as they will face you to "crush KENTA".
KENTA: Well, naturally people have various ideas (for my participating in Noah). Some people say "It's been a long time, I'm looking forward to it" while others think "What now..." but the three opponents, so to speak, don't know me and I didn't know them when I was in Noah. Perhaps they only think that it's someone from another promotion who is participating. So isn't it the old man (Sugiura) beside me who has the most thoughts on me?
Q: I see...
KENTA: Anyway, I think there is a pride to have supported Noah after I left.
Q: Isn't that the intentions of the ones who remained in Noah...
KENTA: Yeah, isn't that a "entrust" remark to opponents? I think that there is something I think about. If the position is reversed, I can understand that feeling.
Q: You will be teaming with Sugiura at the New Japan Yokohama Arena event on the 8th, and it appears that you will be on Noah's side in a group battle...
KENTA: Well, that is how it appears, but regarding that...I don't really know what this feeling is, but it depends on The Budokan on New Year's Day.
Q: On New Year's Day at Noah at The Budokan, if you put yourself on the spot there may be a part where your thoughts are the same? 
KENTA: Maybe betryal (about the remark that KENTA should be crushed), if you don't want to be a "team team", then I am not going to be a "team team" either. Even though I said I don't like people who use their personal names for unit names, however at the Yokohama Arena it has become a match like this "The Sugiura Army vs The Suzuki Army"* I don't like it! I can only accept the Ishihara Army!
Q: So getting back to Noah at The Budokan, when it was announced that you would be participating, there were many positive reacting and it was even said that some people were crying.
KENTA: Yeah...but what do you mean by "tears?"
Q: They were just happy...
KENTA: It's the imagination of the recipient, and they may be tears of regret? Where you someone? Did you know why you were crying? 
Q: You are cynical, I think there have been a lot of people who have been waiting for "KENTA to return..." I think.
KENTA:...Well, if so, then I am honestly happy with that.
Q: Finally, what would you like to show the people who have been waiting for you at The Budokan the most? 
KENTA: I want to show you a condensed version of the seven years that I was away. What I experienced when I was absent...but I don't think I can do everything in the match. But, if I can show that I have been doing for the last seven years to people who think negatively like "he left" and those who have a welcoming feeling of "he came back", I think its good what I can show you. But now even now, I don't know what will happen until that day.


*Entertainment agency
**Masa Kitamiya was originally going by his real name Mitsuhiro Kitamiya, when KENTA was in Noah. 
*** Takashi Sugiura, Kazushi Sakuraba & KENTA vs Minoru Suzuki, Taichi & TAKA

Comments