(NOAH) POST MATCH INTERVIEWS: HIGHER GROUND 2022 (Saturday 22nd January, EDION Arena Osaka 2nd Stadium)


THE KONGOH JUNIORS 
(Nioh & Tadasuke)

NIOH: Destroy Haoh thoroughly
TADASUKE: Like Nioh says, he didn't have a strong belief. Come on, blaming others? (rough) Why isn't that Kongoh's costume? Half assed. Well, Nioh and I will destroy Haoh. I am going to punish you, and destroy you with Nioh.


GO SHIOZAKI, DAISUKE HARADA & MASA KITAMITA

Q: Once again, the three of you team in Osaka
SHIOZAKI: Well, we can't lose because this is Daisuke Harada's hometown
HARADA: Yes. It's the same for the locals, but as I say day after day, I want to create Noah Juniors who won't lose to the heavyweights. That's why today I didn't want to lose to both of them in many ways, and I didn't want to lose to today's opponents, Kongoh. I'm glad I won today to reach my goal, but I am not satisfied with this at all. More and more I will aim for the top.
KITAMIYA: We are a pair who tasted bitterness in the New Year*, but as always I can't afford to be arrogant. Opportunities are always everywhere in any situation, so I just push towards it
Q: Shiozaki has reached his 40s? 
SHIOZAKI: Yes. Well, yesterday, I talked to the company. But yes, after returning at the end of the year from there I had singles matches with Katsuhiko Nakajima and Kaito Kiyomiya, but I couldn't get good results. And so, thinking about my own future and how to regain my momentum, I talked to the company about getting the GHC again. At next weeks Korakuen and in February, I want to make a three in a row singles match with the men who fought at the forefront of Noah while I was absent; Naomichi Marufuji, Takashi Sugiura, Masato Tanaka and Kenoh. If I don't defeat those men, then the GHC is not in sight. I have told this to the company, so please wait for further information.

*Both fought and lost against Katsuhiko Nakajima for the GHC Heavyweight title


STINGER 
(Yuya Susumu & Seiki Yoshioka)

YOSHIOKA: It's a fact. Here is the belt. 
SUSUMU: We are the champions. We are the Junior Tag Champions. That's all there is to it today. Anything else? Nothing, right? 
Q: You were able to keep the belts in STINGER? 
SUSUMU: No no, it's just us who are the champions.


THE M'S ALLIANCE 
(Masato Tanaka & Naomichi Marufuji)

TANAKA: Well, that was a close call. I thought it was a little chaotic.
MARUFUJI: Well, good or bad, at worse it's hard to grasp the pace of Kazushi Sakuraba you know, but what was that? What was that impression?
TANAKA: It looked as if you were showing him some leeway
MARUFUJI: Oh it was perilous, I couldn't grasp the rhythm well
TANAKA: But at the end I didn't think you would win like that. It was amazing. 
MARUFUJI: I can't afford to lose in a tag with Tanaka. 
Q: Funaki has a title match?
MARUFUJI: That's right. Tanaka and I also want to see it. 


KONGOH
(Masakatsu Funaki & Kenoh)

KENOH: Hey, I was completed defeated in the match but look at this. This man who walks with us in Kongoh is Masakatsu Funaki, the strongest man in the pro wrestling world! Hey, Funaki has joined Kongoh today because he emphasized with our strong beliefs. Funaki-san, thank you in advance. 

*Kenoh and Funaki shake hands*

FUNAKI: Thank you. I have wrestled Kenoh and Nakajima several times, and discovered how strong they are. It was in Yoyogi last year when I watched the match*, and I felt that these two were the top wrestlers in pro wrestling today. I wanted to join the group at the top, and get a little more motivation. It's been almost a year and a half since I went to Noah and had a lot of inspiration. I think that all wrestlers are self reliant, so in that sense now...I think it's best to be here now, so I entered. As I said in the ring, I can wrestle against Mutoh with this, and I would like to work with Marufuji, Tanaka, Mochizuki, Miyamoto and everyone else. If possible, I would like to use my power to defeat them again. 
KENOH: Hey, do you hear what he is saying now? We are the most inspiring for Funaki, the strongest in the world of pro wrestling. He emphasizes with us, watching the match between me and Nakajima. We, Kongoh, aren't just Noah. We are aiming for the top of the pro wrestling world and Funaki, the strongest man in the pro wrestling world, can emphasize with that passion and strong belief. Hey! Funaki will be with us from now on. Can we aim for the top? Hey, from now on we, Kongoh, will aim for the top of the Japanese pro wrestling world, no, the top of the world of pro wrestling! All you assholes watching this, from now on, follow us, Kongoh...

*Double title match between Nakajima and Kenoh

Comments