(NOAH) Yoshinari Ogawa's dissatisfaction of being stripped of the title, but on the other hand, there is a meaningful notice...


20th January 2022
Pro Wrestling DX

Yoshinari Ogawa has been stripped of the GHC Junior Tag Team Championship by Noah's GHC Title Management Committee. 
Due to being infected with Coronavirus, he was forced to miss the scheduled title match (January 22nd, Osaka) but instead of the match being postponed or the belts returned, an unexpected measure of a forfeit was taken. Ogawa, who while receiving medical treatment undertook a remote interview.  expressed his dissatisfaction, but also added a meaningful notice.

Yoshinari Ogawa mini interview

Q: The unexpected situation of the junior tag titles being taken away has arisen, but...
OGAWA: What is HAYATA saying? 
Q: I'm not sure if HAYATA has accepted
OGAWA: I don't know what HAYATA thinks, but from my point of view, what has been "stripped?", there is no forfeit...
Q: The meaning of "strip" is to take by force. It's not a very good word or image 
OGAWA: I have been wearing masks every day, I've spent most of my time not eating out, and I have followed the rules properly. Still, if I am infected with Corona, I can't help it. I'm sorry to say this in a situation where the number of infected people is increasingly rapidly, but isn't this a situation where anyone can get infected? If I am still infected I can't help it, but the belt can't be forfeited. 
Q: At the same time it was announced that "Kotoge & Ohara vs Yoshioka & Susumu" will be held on January 22nd at the Osaka event as a title match. 
OGAWA: Well, the company wants Kotoge to have the belt, so it feels like it has been forcibly taken off me. Why do they want Kotoge to win the belt so much? And I have forfeit it? I'm slightly unconvinced.  
Q: Would you like to have Susumu and Yoshioka take it, and then have a STINER showdown again? 
OGAWA: If it's decided then it's fine, but more than that, HAYATA and I are more interested in other tag belts...

Comments