POST MATCH INTERVIEWS: HIGHER GROUND 2022 (Thursday January 27th, Korakuen Hall, Tokyo)


TADASUKE
"Like I said in the ring, he's full of contradictions. He's too inconsistent. I have no idea what Harada is doing. That is why I'm going to challenge for the belt next. I'm leading you to the right path". 

DAISUKE HARADA
"First, Haoh. Haoh has joined us, and today is just the beginning. This will get better and better, and the Noah Juniors and Haoh will all grow together to create a junior who will not lose to the heavyweights. First of all, Tadasuke. Okay. Do you want to crush my goal? Hey! Tadasuke! I'm going to defeat you, defend, and create my goal. Tadasuke, win or lose".


KAITO KIYOMIYA
"Oh, he was tough (Sits down). Oh, he was tough. (Stands up when he gets his breath back). Okay, I am back! I've returned. I'm home. I am sorry to have kept everyone waiting, but I am home. From here, it gets tough. My opponent had an admiration for the same person today, and I longed for the same person to watch practice*, and while there were many things in common, he was a really strong senior. He was tough, but I am going to the top. The top. I will do my best to expand this world that I cherish the most."

*Mitsuharu Misawa

YO-HEY
"As you can see, those two are the tag champions? With the assistance of NOSAWA, I was able to grab the victory from one of those two, Yuya Susumu. So, you can listen to our wishes in one, two or three words. Yuya Susumu and Seiki Yoshioka, I am going to challenge for your belts with NOSAWA Rongai. Look (There is no one next to YO-HEY, but he keeps pointing over his shoulder), Hey NOSAWA. Let's do this together (Looks stunned) Well, yeah. I want a belt. I don't know what NOSAWA thinks, but I want that tag belt immediately to gain momentum. I'm going to strike hard. Yoshioka, Susumu, please think about that. Thank you. Where did you go, NOSAWA?"

SEIKI YOSHIOKA
"Hey! YO-HEY said he would challenge, but he doesn't have a partner. What's going on? If you want to challenge, then two people should come here. What are you going to do about a partner?"


YOSHINARI OGAWA
Q: This was the first match after you were stripped of the junior tag titles? 
OGAWA: The belt is good, and I wont do another title match. Next is a single with Eita. 

M'S ALLIANCE
(Naomichi Marufuji, Masato Tanaka & Masaaki Mochizuki)

MOCHIZUKI: Thank you
MARUFUJI: As expected
MOCHIZUKI: Well, to be honest I am surprised, but I think that kind of pro wrestling technique is probably the most effective against Funaki. I expressed my challenge with momentum. Actually, I said that I would do a singles match with Funaki at the Kobe World event six years ago. It's time to fulfill that promise. There are many aspects that Funaki can't match, and I will win with my wrestling. 
MARUFUJI: As expected, today Mochi was the central character
MOCHIZUKI: But Funaki, normally the contact comes when the one and one is over? He fought three people in a row. 
MARUFUJI: Maybe that is his weakness. But at the end of that weakness, Mochi will surely take the belt.
MOCHIZUKI: I will get it back
TANAKA: I will rely on you
MOCHIZUKI: I will do my best
Q: What is your impression of facing Funaki? 
TANAKA: Truthfully, I only see him as an enemy. Why is it the first time? That is why he was not pinned, I think Mochizuki is amazing (rough). 
MOCHIZUKI: It was the first match, so I guess he was caught off guard. Perhaps you came to take me down completely, but you were a little off guard, weren't you? But I'm not going to go down so easily. I somehow think the GHC National is a belt that is surprisingly easy to change. I also had no defense, and so I will take it from Funaki without defense. 
MARUFUJI: If you take the red, then the first is Ichikawa.


KONGOH
(Kenoh, Masakatsu Funaki & Manabu Soya) 

FUNAKI: I lost. Kenoh, thank you.

FUNAKI leaves

KENOH: How is it? Masakatsu Funaki with Kongoh? Isn't it exciting? Funaki has joined Kongoh. From now on, we will show all you fucking assholes more and more stimulation. Masakatsu Funaki lost today? Did Masakatsu Funaki lose today? Masaaki Mochizuki, don't get ahead of yourself! Did you see it? Another stimulus. Mochizuki, dipshit, somehow Masakatsu Funaki is in control. Masakatsu Funaki lost to Mochizuki, right? I wonder fucker, if he's got you where he wants you. It is another big motivation that Funaki joined Kongoh. From now on, Kongoh will continue to generate more and more stimulus. When Nakajima returns, he will create more and more things that you fucking assholes have never seen. Right, Soya? 
SOYA: Yes! Keep watching Kongoh. 


TAKASHI SUGIURA

Q: This was your first rematch in a year and two months, but what was your impression of Shiozaki? 
SUGIURA: It's been that long since Yoyogi? Well, I don't have too many feelings or emotions, today was just a singles that was made. I just fought and won.
Q: Shiozaki has just returned, but did you feel that he was completely revived? 
SUGIURA: No, no, no, what's going on? If I won and he's not perfect, then that's fine...but I can't say that in the ring, right? I beat the perfect Shiozaki. 
Q: What do you want to aim for on gaining momentum with this victory? 
SUGIURA: There isn't anything else. He doesn't have a title, so I can't really challenge him. After this, he still has three singles, right? If everyone wins, then I am just one of them. There is nothing for now, I just beat Shiozaki today. 

Comments