(NOAH) POST MATCH INTERVIEWS: STEP FORWARD 2022 (Korakuen Hall, Thursday February 10th)


SEIKI YOSHIOKA
"Yesterday, he did as he wanted and I was defeated, but I returned that debt. Tomorrow...I will crush him again in singles."
(Note, this match did not take place as Seiki Yoshioka had broken his ankle)

EITA
"It was the first time with Kiyomiya today, but he made no impression at all!"

Yoshinari Ogawa ambushes Eita screaming "Such an asshole"*. The fight goes into the locker room. 

*Rough translation

MASATO TANAKA

TANAKA: It was just me alone who did the M's alliance today, but when that person returns, he will be able to do it with the power of one hundred people and there will be no problem. I wish there was that person backing me up, I think you understand me in these circumstances. Isn't that the difference? That's the difference with the other person. 
Q: In the last part, you had a fierce fight with Inamura? 
TANAKA: Really, what can I say? He's completely different from the first time we fought in a singles. His body is getting bigger, and his horsepower is increasing. He's not perfect in terms of physical strength, and I don't think it is long before he becomes terrifying. I can tell that he is near that by fighting. 
Q: You beat Shiozaki yesterday and won a sweeping victory today, but is there something you are focusing on in Noah? 
TANAKA: Because there are various belts, I want to aim when I get the chance. I mean, I really want everything that is there. If someone has a belt that I can challenge for, I have a great feeling of wanting to hold them all at once. 
Q: You are waiting for the right time? 
TANAKA: Rather than waiting, as I beat Shiozaki yesterday, beat Inamura today and keep winning all the time, then that kind of time will come naturally. I'm not just, waiting, the outcome will emerge for me.


NAOMICHI MARUFUJI

MARUFUJI: As you can see, when I lost my belt and was trying to find where to go from here, it's just right I was able to have a single with Shio* in this way. 
Q: You bought out the Shining Wizard? 
MARUFUJI: I only did that for today. Only for today. But, isn't that the beauty of pro wrestling? 
Q: What are you looking forward to in the future? 
MARUFUJI: I don't know. I don't know what to do. What's good? What I was trying to aim for has vanished from under me, I'm free to go and get it, no matter what anyone says.
Q: Shiozaki has lost three matches in a row out of the four matches he requested? 
MARUFUJI: Maybe the way I fight was different from the other three. He may have lost, but wasn't today a good step? What can I say, I won? I anticipated the match, I learned that kind of thing from Keiji Mutoh. At the end of the day you can't fall behind, you can fall forward. 

*Go Shiozaki's nickname which Mitsuharu Misawa gave him. 


MASAKATSU FUNAKI (with Kongoh)

Q: What was your impression of fighting Mochizuki? 
FUNAKI: I think he came here today with the intention of winning. He was stronger than last time, and a surprise attack came. However, because Kongoh is around me, I won't give up anymore than when fighting alone. I feel that strongly. I went halfway with my pace. I was very nervous today because this was my first defense, but without it, there would be no next. If I lost today just after entering nothing could be done, and everyone would be annoyed by it. In that sense I was nervous and I thought at the time about my first match.
Q: Isn't this your first time doing a title match surrounded by seconds? 
FUNAKI: It's my first time. I have been wrestling for over thirty years, but this is the first time that I have had people around me, so I think I am in a good place now. 
Q: What wrestler would you like to experience next? 
FUNAKI: Normally there would be someone, but no one came. Am I really hated? I thought I would like to do it with Mutoh if he was here, but there is just that situation. He was saying something about aiming for the red belt, which is why I want to wear it and wait until then. 
Q: Kongoh also has Nakajima, but what about another championship? 
FUNAKI: It's double now, isn't it? Plus, I think that someone here will wear the returned tag. 
Q: Will all the belts be taken? 
FUNAKI: I'd like to get them all at once, and not just the tag. Are there others? 
Q: There is the junior belt
FUNAKI: Oh, the junior, the junior. We haven not worn that one yet, but it's about to come in the future. We don't have it yet. Well, he will get angry if the First Grader* talks too much, so I will leave it at that. I had him close out the show today. 
Q: Kenoh, where you confused by the sudden microphone? 
KENOH: You have been such a First Grader, haven't you? But, this is a strong belief. A First Grader with a strong belief...isn't that the best? Hey, all you assholes, have you seen such a tense match recently? Hey? From now on, Kongoh will control Noah. 
FUNAKI: More laughing next match. I want to have more fun and laugh. Laugh from the bottom of my heart, and laugh even when it hurts. I'm happy. I want to wrestle that kind of match.
KENOH: It's the best of laughter
FUNAKI: Thank you

*I.e. the new guy, the most junior

Comments