(NOAH) "I want to wear the belt with this costume and the cloak to enter, and I want to scream those words again" - Go Shiozaki costume research

8th March 2022
Weekly Pro

Go Shiozaki has undergone a minor change from this years 1st January Nippon Budokan. Although the basics of emerald green and the long tights have not changed, he wears a cloak at the time of entry. Why is it a cloak? He reached out and talked a lot about his current costume.

CLOAK
What is novel about this costume, is the cloak worn at the time of entry. Shiozaki emphasizes that "I want to renew the image of the cloak in pro wrestling. It's not like Superman flying or a hero, but a noble image like Harley Race. But I'm a prince, not a king" (laughs)

CLOAK SWOOSH!
After getting in the ring, it is a customary ritual for Shiozaki to hand the cloak to the second while spreading it out magnificently.

GREEN, SILVER, GOLD
Now, Shiozaki is using a costume of visibly glittering material composed mainly of emerald green with silver studded with silver and gold.

LONG TIGHTS
Shiozaki has worn long tights since January 2020, and speaking of green and silver, it's Mitsuharu Misawa
"I am aware of Misawa himself, and I am focusing on his enthusiasm to improve so that I can go up. I can't go back to short tights anymore. I am embarrassed to show my legs (laughs)"

"I WANT TO SCREAM THOSE WORDS AGAIN"

Go Shiozaki, who had been absent from right shoulder surgery from March to December last year, appeared at the Nippon Budokan GHC Heavyweight Championship match on the 1st January in a new costume. The proportion of emerald green was higher than ever before because it is a "color that inspires me", and so the overall image is a "noble" mix of silver and gold. "Emerald green is an indispensable color for me. I wanted to make it my own color, so I focused on that time time too."

Until he was defeated by Keiji Mutoh in February last year, Shiozaki, as the GHC Heavyweight Champion, called himself "I AM NOAH". He pulled The Ark for over a year as an absolute ace. Naturally, he was planning to tale the belt from Katsuhiko Nakajima, and with the new costume embark on the path of defenses. The result is defeat. Furthermore he can no longer be named "I AM NOAH". Following this, he faced four singles matches with wrestlers at the top, but it was a complete defeat. However, Shiozaki turns to look up at becoming the GHC Heavyweight Champion. "I want to wear the belt with this costume and the cloak to enter, and I want to scream those words again".

On the 13th March at the Yokohama Budokan, Shiozaki has made a single with Manabu Soya. Taking the opportunity of a victory in this battle, he aims for a comeback.

Translated from Weekly Pro
Picture credit: Weekly Pro
Big thanks to Jenj for sending me the article.

Comments