(NOAH) Ultimo Dragon, DRAGONGATE senior advisor, announced at a press conference in Tokyo on the 13th that he will establish "Toryumon CASA" as an expedition base for DRAGONGATE and Noah's young wrestlers in Mexico.


13th April 2022
Pro Wrestling DX

ULTIMO: Toryumon Mexico has changed form a little, and Toryumon CASA has been accepted as a recipient of overseas training for the young of Pro Wrestling Noah and our DRAGONGATE wrestlers. In the short, the training camp is rented to the two promotions to use a base from Mexico to the world. USA, Canada, Europe, there are still many markets so I decided to lend it this time as it is a place for young athletes to train. 
Q: Is the training style the same as the original Toryumon? 
ULTIMO: What I can say at this point is that I probably won't be teaching directly. 
Q: Instead of entering as a trainee, will be it in the form of accepting wrestlers from existing promotions? 
ULTIMO: That's right. However, training wrestlers, nurturing people, requires a lot of energy and the rest is timing. Maybe if there is a wrestler who I think "This is guy is the one", I might do that. I'll have to raise my enthusiasm. If such a wrestler does appear, then maybe I will take him on expedition with me, or something like that. 
Q: Noah's will also be accepted, what is your impression of their young wrestlers? 
ULTIMO DRAGON: Noah's Nippon Budokan event was held on January 1st, and my impression at that time was that the wrestlers were similar to DragonGate. Everyone is young. At that time I hadn't talked to Takeda-san yet as there was still something missing. I think the fact that you don't experience overseas expedition, has a great impact on life as a wrestler. In that the same is true for Takeda, and President Kido of DRAGONGATE wants to train overseas. Because there was this conversation, and it happened that the training camp was vacant, then I could use it as a base for training. So, the rest that I am expecting is that a promotion called Noah and a promotion called DRAGONGATE, of which the colors are different. When living together overseas, I would be happy if something new could be born from that. 
Q: What are your expectations of the effect obtained by this initiative? 
TAKEDA: If it wasn't for Corona, I think there was a traditional pattern in pro wrestling where you would gain experience overseas, overcome the hardships and then return to Japan, but it was stopped. As a route to in Mexico, I asked the Principal with a desire for the young people to grow up in a city that they don't know, and then return. 
Q: Who would you like to have on the first expedition? 
TAKEDA: There are candidates, but on the contrary I think it's a chance for the selected wrestler, so I want to take a closer look and think about it. We are thinking of the first one around early spring. 

Comments