(NOAH) Dupree "This belt is the fruit of fifteen years in Japan", Elgin "Show the aspect of the tag" - GHC Tag Match signing ceremony

18th May 2022
Pro Wrestling DX

KITAMIYA: First of all, I want to thank Elgin for coming up to me after the match at Ryogoku Kokugikan on April 30th. I understand his feelings, we are trying to reach the top of the tag by the shortest distance. I think this will be a chaotic championship which blends Canada, Mexico and Japan. Here is a Japanese wrestler with toughness and an unbreakable heart, who wants to become the new tag champion with the power of Elgin. 
ELGIN: I have been successful as a singles wrestler so far and have won championships in Mexico, Canada, Qatar and Japan. But the world has not had the opportunity to see how great a tag team wrestler I can be. In the United States, there are wonderful wrestlers such as Brian Cage and Ethan Page, but when I came to Japan and fought against Masa Kitamiya, I realized how tough he was. I think I have found a good partner here in Noah. These two champions are great wrestlers, and I think they are great champions, but I want to win the belts with this dual team of Canadian and Japanese wrestlers, and become the next new GHC Tag Team Champions. 
EL HIJO DEL DR WAGNER JNR: To begin with, I want to say one thing. Two years ago we weren't defeated, we had to give up the belts and now we had a chance to challenge and bring the belts back. I think we, Mexico and Canada, are the true champions and as Les Mexicanas, we will defend and never let go of this belt. 
DUPREE: Like my partner said, in 2020 we became the tag team champions. However, we had to give back the belts due to circumstances we had no control over. But now, we have those belts back. The two challengers probably do not understand just how meaningful this belt is for me. This belt is the fruit of fifteen years in Japan, covered with blood, sweat and tears. It is utterly impossible to take this belt from us which has such a big meaning. Come to the ring next Saturday. What will happen is that the challengers will leave the ring beaten up. 
Q: What is your impression of the champions? 
ELGIN: I watched the champions take the belts. Both of them are great wrestlers, and I think they are a great tag team...but, I'm a slightly different kind of monster. Most wrestlers are afraid when they go to the ring and they look into my eyes. No matter what pride they have as champions, and how tough they are, the moment they go to the rings and they see the look in my eyes, they will be scared. That is why we will be taking the belt from them with that same force.  

Comments