(NOAH) "Not going to be my assistant" - Mutoh's retirement road announcement, Muta's last is at the 22nd January Yokohama Arena, the first is versus Kiyomiya.


17th June 2022
Pro Wrestling DX

Note about the term "Assistant". The Japanese word is "Kaishakunin", which refers to the person appointed to behead the person who has just committed seppuku and end his suffering. There is no equivalent in English. Apparently, Kaito Kiyomiya had no idea what the term meant, which made Keiji Mutoh smile. 

DIRECTOR NARIHIRO TAKEDA: Thank you for joining us today. We will announce Keiji Mutoh's "Final Countdown Series" for his retirement. The schedule as follows; 

Saturday July 16th 2022 at the Tokyo Nippon Budokan, "ABEMA presents DESTINATION 2022", "PRO-WRESTLING LOVE FOREVER.1 - THE FINAL COUNTDOWN". This is the first match of the road to retirement, the match card will be announced later. 

Next match two, will be on September 25th 2022 at the Aichi Dolphin's Arena, Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium, "PRO WRESTLING LOVE FOREVER.2 - OUTBREAK". The match card has not been arranged. 

Match three, will be on October 30th 2022, at the Ariake Arena Tokyo, "Ariake Triumph - THE RETURN -", "PRO WRESTLING LOVE FOREVER.3 - TRIUMPH" -. This will be the first time pro wrestling will be held here. The match card has not been arranged here too. 

The above three events are matches which have been decided at the present time. We are planning to add some more, so we will announce them as soon as they are decided. In addition to these events, there will also be a retirement match for The Great Muta. "THE GREAT MUTA BYE-BYE" will be held on January 22nd 2023 at the Yokohama Arena in Kanagawa. The match card as well is undecided. Keiji Mutoh's final match, the retirement match, will happen in 2023. Only the name of the event has been decided; "Pro Wrestling master Keiji Mutoh retirement match KEIJI MUTOH GRAND FINAL PRO WRESTLING "LAST LOVE - HOLD OUT" The date, the venue and the match card are undecided. Details will be announced as and when. This will be a road to retirement that bleeds Mutoh dry in Noah's ring. It is a pretty hard schedule, and along with the fans I would like to support Mutoh's goal of history. 

MUTOH: I think Noah will make my last big stage now, and the honorable end to my career, the best. I want to go forwards to the end of that path without overdoing it. Also, I think there will be a few more matches besides today's announcement. I think it will be difficult, but naturally, I love this scene. And finally, I really wish I can spend my time with many fans. 
Q: What has been the reaction since you announced your retirement? Do you feel lonely? 
MUTOH: I have been contacted by many friends, and I have also been contacted by people who I really haven't been in touch with for years. I am still in the process of realizing the magnitude of the response. It's the utmost happiness for a wrestler. Loneliness? No, it was after the announcement was the loneliness...I was more worried when I decided, so that's it so far. My daily routine hasn't changed at all from when I was active, so I don't feel that sad. 
Q: Muta's final stage has been decided for the Yokohama Arena in January? 
MUTOH: Probably after talking with Director Takeda and the staff for a while, the Great Muta has a strong impression of the Yokohama Arena, and I think that it was probably decided that it would be the final. 
Q: Regions such as Nagoya have been decided, but are there any other places you would like to go?
MUTOH: As long as I have the ability, I can visit various places and walk around with greetings...I used to have 250 matches a year, so I was going everywhere. I really want to go to various places all over Japan, but it is hard to do to. Well, for now what is happening so far has been announced, but it will increase by two or three, right? I think there will be a few more, and so I will go as far as I can. 
Q: The date and time of your retirement match has not been decided, do you have a desire to do it here? 
MUTOH: Now that Noah is on WRESTLEUNIVERSE too, conversely, you can see it overseas too. Maybe it won't be a grand stage, but Club Citta in Kawasaki or something like that. There is the possibility that the number of subscribers will increase (laughs). 
Q: Towards the 16th July Kiyomiya match at The Budokan? 
MUTOH: This may be an extension of the previous question, but since I announced my retirement, by mind, my body and my very heart has grown lighter. Maybe it's because the pain was the cause, I feel like I am getting better. In terms of my condition, I think it's better than the condition of the time of the match since Shiozaki when I won the GHC Heavyweight last year. Rather, maybe for Kiyomiya as this is a one time event, I am sure that if I a win then he will have a long pro wrestling life and being obsessed with the ghost of Keiji Mutoh. Rather, I am worried about Kiyomiya. 
KIYOMIYA: I have been chasing Mutoh for a long time. There have been three singles in the past, I didn't win, but in going to the point of a draw I have felt Mutoh's love for pro wrestling, such as his commitment to matches and his respect for his opponents. I want to keep that love of Mutoh's for professional wrestling forever. We will go from the draw at the Nippon Budokan in July. Thank you for your support. 
Q: Mutoh said "Being obsessed with the ghost of Keiji Mutoh"
KIYOMIYA: Getting here, I have been really studying Mutoh for a long time, so I will show you everything that I've done so far at the Nippon Budokan. 
Q: You have lost two and drawn one in the last three matches, but what has grown compared to the past? 
KIYOMIYA: I think it will be up to the customers to see and decide whether I am growing or not. I would like many customers to come and see it on the stage of the Nippon Budokan. 
Q: Is there anything you would like to impart to Kiyomiya through this match? 
MUTOH: No, not really. I am confident, so like I said earlier, what if I really lose? I am not going to hesitate. Please be careful. Like I said earlier, the part that is connected to the one draw, is a little confidence. That was a thirty minute draw, had I had thirty-five minutes, I would have won that match. Well, on that day, please come at me. 
Q: You used to compare him to your son, but what do you feel about Kiyomiya's recent trends? 
MUTOH: I'm feel like he is still at a loss. Well, if fighting me one final time gives him a hint to open something up, I think that would be good for him. 
Q: What is your evaluation of Kiyomiya? 
MUTOH: Well, I am evaluating him on the whole. He is rated well balanced on the whole. I was at ringside for the match that he and Shiozaki had as a commentator, it was a great match. On the contrary, I looked at that match and returning...I missed it because of a slight injury. My return was Kiyomiya's image...Shiozaki's was the same. I got the energy and decided by watching them. 
Q: Are there any drawbacks in looking at things the other way round? 
MUTOH: Conversely, I am poor in dexterity. I think that something like a really strong claim of success in one go is a little lacking. 
Q: How did you feel on hearing Mutoh's words now? 
KIYOMIYA: I definitely want to show him at the Nippon Budokan. 
Q: What was your first impression when you saw Kiyomiya's match up close for the first time? Where do you feel he has grown up until the present? 
MUTOH: Firstly, he is the same age as my son. I had to keep in mind that I was a little emotional. So, while fighting, its become like I have been chased by a stalker for some time. Well, it's very nice to be chased. However, I have no intension of Kiyomiya assisting me at The Budokan. 
Q: Kiyomiya, how has your impression of Mutoh changed? 
KIYOMIYA: It figures that at first when I teamed up with Mutoh in Osaka, my first instinct was that I was experiencing someone who was at the top of the pro wrestling world and feel the awesomeness of it. It was like being struck by lightning, having matches with Mutoh many times. From that point on I have been really disappointed, but there were times when the matches were fun. There were various singles matches, and there where various things like setbacks and thoughts in the matches with Mutoh, but in the end like I said earlier, I really feel Mutoh's love for pro wrestling the most. This is the last, and I want to feel that even more. 
Q: Mutoh said, "He is not going to be my assistant"
KIYOMIYA: Well, soon at the really big venue called The Nippon Budokan, this will be the last single match with Mutoh. I want to go further.

Comments