(NOAH) Kaito Kiyomiya "Pro Wrestling LOVE" inheritance, Keiji Mutoh fight "Shaping the love I received"

Tokyo Sports
June 25th 2022

Noah's Kaito Kiyomiya (25), who will be the first on "Pro Wrestling Master" Keiji Mutoh's (59) retirement road, is burning to inherit "LOVE". 

Kiyomiya will collide with Mutoh in a single combat as the first match on the "Keiji Mutoh Final Countdown Series" (July 16th, Nippon Budokan, Tokyo). The singles record has been 2 losses and 1 draw in the past, but Kiyomiya says "I had the desire to surpass the experience of a match with Mutoh, but he is unsurpassable. However, a draw is a loss, and I think I am moving forward little by little." Kiyomiya feels he is stepping up.

Of course, in the final singles Kiyomiya will show his growth and aim for victory, but he also has another theme. Regarding Mutoh he said about the previous fights, "It's not just the feeling of a "rival" or an "opponent", I also feel love. This may just be what I feel, but it's not only limited to respect and matches with his opponents, but also towards pro wrestling. I don't think there is anyone else other than Mutoh who can devote so much love to his daily behavior."

"Pro-Wrestling LOVE" is a concept that Mutoh has been advocating for some time. Kiyomiya said "What I felt what I came into contact with him, was how much love he had for pro wrestling. There was a time when I felt a struggle, but all in all, that was pro wrestling. I think I learned something like "pro wrestling = life." For that reason, in the fight with Mutoh "With the amount of love I receive, I want to shape it and move on." With the last chance at this one sided unrequited love, he is going to make it bear fruit. Furthermore, "I want to keep this the way it is for the future". 

Mutoh once said that Kiyomiya, "Became a stalker and chased", but Kiyomiya said "I have been studying Mutoh for a long time, I chased and searched for him." 

But, in the end, it is the young warrior who will focus on what the "expression of love" is in the last singles match. 

Comments