(NOAH) Reasons for Kaito Kiyomiya's "perfect imitation" facing Keiji Mutoh on retirement road

13th June 2022
Tokyo Sports

The reasons for the "perfect imitation" are...
Noah's Kaito Kiyomiya (25), who is the first person on Keiji Mutoh's (59), who is known as "The Pro Wrestling Master", retirement road at the Noah's Tokyo Nippon Budokan event on the 16th, talks of his determination for the important match there.  

Before the event, Kiyomiya has been showing Mutoh's movements on SNS and during matches which have attracted attention, but what is the purpose? The standard bearer of the next generation of Noah is aiming to create the genius of the next era. Ahead of the decisive match with the Grand Veteran, who he has not yet beat and so far has had one draw and two losses in singles matches so far, Kiyomiya said with a devilish expression, "I truly believe that this is the last singles match with Mutoh-san. That's why I am thinking of taking everything." 
He knows that it will not be easy to take from a legend named Keiji Mutoh, which is why he is working on "Integration with Mutoh." Kiyomiya emphasized, "When I stand at The Budokan, I want to be one and the same. I thought that if I can put myself inside Mutoh, then I can take something when fighting...I think that is the only way to bleed Mutoh-san dry without leaving a single drop." 

Research on Mutoh is being carried out for that purpose. Kiyomiya says he has been reading books, past interviews and even playing video games. He said, "I have Mutoh in my head for 24 hours. I want him to appear in my dreams...". 
Then an unexpected change occurred. He began to use Mutoh's techniques himself. On his social media he began to show videos of himself practicing moonsaults, Space Rolling Elbow and a Dragon Screw. It wasn't just in practice but also in matches. On the 10th he won a six man tag at the Fujisan Messe event by using the Shining Wizard. Kiyomiya said, "I realized that there was a part that I hadn't done until now just by watching him, because I wanted to get Mutoh out of my head and so when I did it, I felt Mutoh's way of thinking and his movements even more."
Kiyomiya says he is prepared to study Keiji Mutoh until just before the match. He affirmed that, "Ultimately, I want to absorb Mutoh and in the end win the match. I want to cherish what I have gained from Mutoh and elevate Noah. In Noah now, the older generations are having energetic matches and I think it is necessary to create another flow in order to make Noah even bigger. We have to create pro-wrestling for our generation, and I will inherit "Mutoh-ism" and lead the promotion."

Can he absorb enough of the grand veteran for the future? With heroic determination, the Supernova of The Ark goes to the Budokan ring.

Comments