(NOAH) Satoshi Kojima swears an early comeback for the N-1, will he exceed Mutoh in the Grand Slam & three promotions league championship?

23rd July 2022
Tokyo Sports

Satoshi Kojima (51) of New Japan Pro Wrestling, who is aiming for his first victory in Noah's single league, "N-1 VICTORY 2022" (opens in Yokohama on August 11th) has viewed an early comeback. 

Kojima became the GHC Heavyweight Champion at "CyberFight Festival" in June this year, but lost to Kenoh at The Nippon Budokan on the 16th. Even though he lost the championship with a defense score of "0", he reflected that "I had a feeling that the blood of a pro-wrestler was revived, it was a feeling that I had forgotten for a long time. I was happy to hear that "Isn't it still possible for Kojima?" It was a very fulfilling period that gave me confidence and desire."

On the other hand, there are many cases of when an outsider loses the belt, he often leaves. Kojima said, "To be honest, I'm not sorry to be relieved of the burden, but I naturally interpreted it that my work at Noah was over." However, he entered the N-1 and was given a chance to make a come back. "Honestly, I am surprised. If Noah still has something to ask of Satoshi Kojima, then I will try my hardest". 

Kojima has achieved the "Grand Slam", which makes him the fourth person in history to be crowned and reach the pinnacle of the three promotions Noah, New Japan and All Japan. Kojima also has a track record of winning the G-1 Climax in New Japan, and All Japan's Champion Carnival. If he wins the N-1, he will be the first Grand Slam and three promotion league champion in history than even his senior, Keiji Mutoh, who will retire next year could not achieve. 

"I don't think Mutoh's presence can be exceed anymore. But, if you focus on those records, then it is motivating and I really want to do my best. The championship lasted only about a month, and I was defeated in the first defense. Isn't it missing something finishing so quickly?!

It won't end as it is. Kojima, who has regained his brilliance, returns to the front.  

Comments