(NOAH) "Take it from me in the truest sense of the word", Mutoh teaches Kiyomiya the "Mutoh finishing method" directly.


31st July 2022
Pro Wrestling DX

Keiji Mutoh visited the Kanagawa event on the 31st and taught Kaito Kiyomiya the "Mutoh finishing method" directly. He sent a message, "Take it from me in the truest sense of the word". 

Mutoh lost to Kiyomiya in the first round of the retirement road at the Nippon Budokan on the 16th July. Kiyomiya, who fulfilled his long-cherished desire to "exceed Mutoh" in his fourth single was nominated as "the legitimate successor" of his specialty, The Shining Wizard, The Dragon Screw and The Figure-Four.

The opportunity for direct instruction came before the Noah Kanazawa event. Kiyomiya, who has repeatedly been practicing at the dojo, asked Mutoh direct questions. At The Budokan, Mutoh had disregarded him as "inferior", but Kiyomiya who took his advice demonstrated the Shining Wizard, Dragon Screw and the Figure-Four, Mutoh gave a "passing score" and said, "It's better now that it was in the actual match. In the first place, in terms of physical ability, I think he is a wrestler who deserves these techniques. The rest is now how much he can practice and repeat in the match." In addition to that, Mutoh said "at first he will definitely be compared to me. I think he will be ridiculed that, "He is imitating Mutoh!". That will be his challenge in the future". It is now up to Kiyomiya to get the "rights" to the Mutoh finishing technique, so to speak. "Because both the Figure Four and The Dragon Screw have been around for a long time, but they are not the reason why I developed. But, it was the reason why I made it synonymous with myself that "When you say Dragon Screw, Figure-Four, it is Mutoh", so take it from me in the truest sense of the word. The only thing left to do is improve results while making achievements, so that the customers can be convinced". At the same time, "As he continues, it will become a "Kiyomiya style technique" absolutely. If that happens, then it may be possible to forget that it is my technique, but I think it will be arranged by yourself. Well, this kind of thing isn't a thing right away, and for the time being I don't feel like I have a sense of "What will happen to Kiyomiya next year?" Techniques are not so easy to learn" Mutoh also emphasized the need for a long term perspective, "You still have a lot of time. I don't have that...so do your best!" Mutoh entrusted the "Three Sacred Treasures", which have been part of many famous scenes, to the younger generation for the future. 

Kiyomiya himself has not yet put into action the Mutoh finishing methods, saying "I want to cherish them". In response to Mutoh's words, he said "I can't take the first step, but when I heard those words I thought it was important to take that step. The road to refining Mutoh's finishing methods into "Kiyomiya style" is I think, a very high wall". While looking to the future determinedly he said, "I don't think I can move on, if I don't go beyond that".   

The practice scene video will be uploaded soon on Noah's official YouTube channel

Translated from Pro Wrestling DX
GIF taken from Noah Official Twitter

Comments