(NOAH) "Taka & Satoshi" reveal a "Dangerous Detective" look, mischievous Suzuki is a reckless interpreter. The GHC tag signing ceremony is thrown into chaos by bizarre question and answer between the two teams.


Pro Wrestling DX 
20th September 2022

KOJIMA: I'm Kojima. On September 3rd in Osaka with Sugiura...an electric current ran through me while tagging with Taka. There is a sizzling feeling of electricity flowing through me, and with that, I am able to challenge in a tag match this time. Really, thank you. I definitely want to become GHC tag champion.
SUGIURA: This is Takashi Sugiura from The Sugiura Army. The other day in Osaka, I teamed up with Kojima, no Satoshi, for the first time. I was totally nervous, but for some reason I got caught up in Satoshi's pace and before I knew it, I was challenging for the tag titles.
THATCHER (in Japanese): Mondainai
SUZUKI (interpreting): No problem
SUZUKI: Without a clear declaration of a challenge, I thought that at least I could create that kind of atmosphere, but the title match was made without any such thing. I would like to fight in Nagoya with that difficult feeling. 
Q: What is your impression of the championship team? 
KOJIMA: To be honest, I think they are two pro wrestlers who are big and perfect in every way. It's a very bad type. That is my honest opinion, but I think that is why I want to win the tag belts, so I will do my best. 
Q: Will this be a Sugiura Army showdown?
SUGIURA: You could say that he has a head for pro wrestling, he's amazingly clever and his technique is amazing. It's hard to grasp the pace when doing a very important match. It is often at the opponents pace, so I think they are strong champions. 
Q: Once again, your impression of the team of Sugiura & Kojima? 
SUZUKI: Thatcher speaks
THATCHER (in English): Sugiura and Kojima are very strong, but we are the champions. To prove it, we will set traps to win, and even if they come up with countermeasures, we will be in control.
SUZUKI (reading something): Eh.."I'm Timothy Thatcher. Takashi Sugiura, Satoshi Kojima. No, Taka & Satoshi, I came to Japan to beat you up"
Q: Do you feel your teamwork is improving? 
SUZUKI: Thatcher will answer
THATCHER (in English): Of course, we have the same way of thinking and the same philosophy 
SUZUKI (reading something): Eh..."As you can see, I am training in Karate right now. If I neglect my training and become weak, will you still come to the interview? Will the fans make a fuss too? Do you want me to bring you a million yen or disappear?"
Q: Why did you wear sunglasses? 
KOJIMA: Well, it's really a coincidence. I am surprised that I didn't make any arrangements at all, but I just woke up this morning and expressed my feelings that I had a press conference today. Yes.
SUGIURA: After yesterday's match, Satoshi told me to wear sunglasses at tomorrow's press conference.
Q:...Different stories?
KOJIMA: Well...about that... (laughs)....ah, it doesn't matter
Q: Are you worried about teamwork?
SUGIURA: I will say it as it is, it doesn't matter
Q: What is the meaning of the pose you did before the press conference? 
KOJIMA: Well no, we didn't decide anything in particular, we just expressed our feelings for each other by chance
SUGIURA: Earlier in the waiting room, Satoshi told me, "I will do it like this, so Takashi should do this"
Q: What do you think of Sugiura & Kojima's remarks at the press conference? 
SUZUKI: Thatcher will answer
THATCHER (In English): Very strong. The Sugiura Army also respects it's leader, Sugiura-san. 
SUZUKI (while reading something): "I'm not listening to the over familiar speech of a punk reporter like you. Look closely, this is how you hurt people.


*Note: "Dangerous Detective" was a TV show that ran from the 1980s until 2016. The two detectives, clad in suits and dark glasses, got into gunplay, fights, mischief etc. In short, they were loose cannon cops. 

Comments