(NOAH) NOSAWA Rongai's Retirement Post Match Interview


16th October 2022
Noah.co.jp

NOSAWA: The me in the ring is NOSAWA Rongai, a 24/7 professional wrestler. when I say what I really mean when I act, it becomes really hard. I can only talk about it to a certain extent today, but it was actually the doctor who made the stop. I think more than that...what should I do? It figures, that I wanted to smile brightly and be NOSAWA Rongai, but it feels a little sentimental. I'm 46 years old this year, and it's been 28 years since I started my career. It's not just me, it will come to everyone. I have been saying for the past few years that it has been really tough on my body, but I've always said that I will do pro wrestling for the rest of my life. I thought I could still do it, but apparently I am not worn out anymore, I have become junk. If you fix junk, it will work, but this is the same as junk that doesn't work even if you fix it. It's not like I chose a place to die for all these years, but I chose a place to die called Pro Wrestling Noah. To be honest, I'm still really fulfilled, even today. I have time until February, I have a lot of things to do personally, but I can't participate due to physical circumstances, and the number of matches has decreased, but while I am wrestling, I will be NOSAWA Rongai until the very end. That's about all I can say today. Is there anything else? It wouldn't be of interest if someone like me quit. Mutoh said that pro wrestling is like a marathon without a finishing line. He said he would reach that goal, but in my case I didn't reach it, and so it feels like I am giving up. But on February 21st, retirement match at The Tokyo Dome. Isn't it great to be a pro wrestler? Even a second rate wrestler like me...no, not even a second rate. 1.5 style, I'm retiring at The Dome. Is there anything? I will answer diligently for today. 
Q: What do you mean by "poor condition"
NOSAWA: I've never been in good condition, and it feels like this is going to be a part of my daily life in the future. When I say I'm retiring today, you probably think I am just joking, but it's just like I said, it's real. I really want to continue, but in my mind, I can't do professional wrestling alone, so I cause trouble for various people, and there are things that I have to protect. Isn't my life as a pro wrestler the best? I was happy. Isn't it a dream to retire at the Tokyo Dome in Noah, for someone to started out in the Indies and bounced around, to end like this? Well, that's about it. 
Q: Can you tell me the specifics? 
NOSAWA: No, I can't talk about it, but if I were to talk about symptoms it's something like my neck, waist, knees, shoulders and wrists. However, if I was to say that I was just returning from The Dome it would be slightly offensive to Mutoh, but Keiji Mutoh and I are on the same page. That's what I can say today is that you might get yelled at, so you are not at liberty to decide. Well, while I am here, there is no point in being such a pathetic opponent, so I am going to beat up Senior Ogawa, even with a body like this. I can't help but enjoy it now. That's the motivation. Likewise, I am formally planning, so I will talk properly at that time. It's really frustrating to retire like this.

Comments