(NOAH) POST MATCH INTERVIEWS: ABEMA presents DEMOLITION STAGE 2022 in FUKUOKA (Fukuoka International Centre, Sunday October 16th )

FUNKY EXPRESS
(Mohammed Yone & Akitoshi Saito)

YONE: Everyone is coming up from below in Noah. Higher and higher, hotter and hotter, no matter how many times it is tried, it will be a strong match. Akky's "Dead End" came out today, so thank you. 
SAITO: No way, today was Yone's power. We've fought over and over again since the beginning of Noah's history, and Tamon Honda, the amazing man who has competed in the Olympics many times, told us that we could use Dead End. I will carry the old Noah. So maybe DDE as in Death Dead End because I'm pissed off like Yone would say. 
YONE: DDE? Sounds good. If we have this, we will be invincible. The day when we go to the tag front should not be far away. Everyone, please look forward to that. Thank you. 
SAITO: Look at Yone's head, it's full of amazing ideas. 
YONE: That's right. That's why it's grown so big, it's an explosion. 


NOSAWA RONGAI

NOSAWA: The me in the ring is NOSAWA Rongai, a 24/7 professional wrestler. when I say what I really mean when I act, it becomes really hard. I can only talk about it to a certain extent today, but it was actually the doctor who made the stop. I think more than that...what should I do? It figures, that I wanted to smile brightly and be NOSAWA Rongai, but it feels a little sentimental. I'm 46 years old this year, and it's been 28 years since I started my career. It's not just me, it will come to everyone. I have been saying for the past few years that it has been really tough on my body, but I've always said that I will do pro wrestling for the rest of my life. I thought I could still do it, but apparently I am not worn out anymore, I have become junk. If you fix junk, it will work, but this is the same as junk that doesn't work even if you fix it. It's not like I chose a place to die for all these years, but I chose a place to die called Pro Wrestling Noah. To be honest, I'm still really fulfilled, even today. I have time until February, I have a lot of things to do personally, but I can't participate due to physical circumstances, and the number of matches has decreased, but while I am wrestling, I will be NOSAWA Rongai until the very end. That's about all I can say today. Is there anything else? It wouldn't be of interest if someone like me quit. Mutoh said that pro wrestling is like a marathon without a finishing line. He said he would reach that goal, but in my case I didn't reach it, and so it feels like I am giving up. But on February 21st, retirement match at The Tokyo Dome. Isn't it great to be a pro wrestler? Even a second rate wrestler like me...no, not even a second rate. 1.5 style, I'm retiring at The Dome. Is there anything? I will answer diligently for today. 
Q: What do you mean by "poor condition"
NOSAWA: I've never been in good condition, and it feels like this is going to be a part of my daily life in the future. When I say I'm retiring today, you probably think I am just joking, but it's just like I said, it's real. I really want to continue, but in my mind, I can't do professional wrestling alone, so I cause trouble for various people, and there are things that I have to protect. Isn't my life as a pro wrestler the best? I was happy. Isn't it a dream to retire at the Tokyo Dome in Noah, for someone to started out in the Indies and bounced around, to end like this? Well, that's about it. 
Q: Can you tell me the specifics? 
NOSAWA: No, I can't talk about it, but if I were to talk about symptoms it's something like my neck, waist, knees, shoulders and wrists. However, if I was to say that I was just retiring from The Dome it would be slightly offensive to Mutoh, but Keiji Mutoh and I are on the same page. That's what I can say today is that you might get yelled at, so you are not at liberty to decide. Well, while I am here, there is no point in being such a pathetic opponent, so I am going to beat up Senior Ogawa, even with a body like this. I can't help but enjoy it now. That's the motivation. Likewise, I am formally planning, so I will talk properly at that time. It's really frustrating to retire like this.

EITA
"Did you see the match? Am I teaming up with Yoshinari Ogawa? When I came to Noah for the first time, the first person I lost to was Ogawa. I still remember it. I will never team up with Ogawa".  


KAZUYUKI FUJITA

FUJITA: Perfect. I was able to mark him. I will make it an unforgettable night. 
Q: What was the response? 
FUJITA: It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. If you add your scent, everything is okay. But, if I put on my scent, everything is my prey. 
Q: Does it make it delicious to eat? 
FUJITA: It doesn't taste good. I like it raw. I like it raw. I will make it into an unforgettable night.   


NOAH JUNIOR REGULARS 
(Seiki Yoshioka, Atsushi Kotoge, Alejandro & YO-HEY) 

YOSHIOKA: Thank you for your hard work, Kotoge. 
KOTOGE: Ok, this was the final pre match against the Kongoh Juniors. Being able to beat Kongoh is a big deal, and I think we can do it in one go from now on, but let's not get carried away here. We are not such perfect champions, so we will have a title match together, defend, and create the Noah Juniors. Show this at Ariake Arena. 
ALEJANDRO: Let's go
YO-HEY: I fought with this team today and we won against the Kongoh Juniors, but speaking personally, I wasn't able to perform well, and I'm just really sorry because HAYATA did something strange. Please. 
KOTOGE: What? No, it's fine. 
ALEJANDRO: The Noah Junior Regular Army, let's do this together. 
KOTOGE: Let's build a bright Noah Junior together 
ALEJANDRO: Let's go!
KOTOGE: OK, let's defend
YOSHIOKA: Total defense 

HI69
"Tadasuke and I will definitely win the GHC Junior Tag Championship belts. I want that belt. Tadasuke and I will definitely wear those belts in Ariake. That's all!" 


KEIJI MUTOH

Q: Looking back on the match? 
MUTOH: It's my last time in Fukuoka. I'm fired up, but as I often say, it's quite difficult when my body doesn't move. I wanted to show you good points, and not to mention Kojima, but Ninja is what I mean. It was interesting to see him in front of me, and I am impressed. It figures that I have to show you a good point, but while thinking that this kind of guy should absolutely stand out, it is true that it was a bit of a passive match, but I think that's fine, because it can't be helped if the guy who is withdrawing it too much of an intrusion. 
Q: Now that you have wrestled in Nagoya, Osaka and Fukuoka, do you feel that you are getting closer to retirement? 
MUTOH: I realized it myself today, that after announcing my retirement it was Europe's "Final Countdown", and the next would be "Outbreak" in Nagoya and today was "Trans Magic". There are only a few more songs, my songs. The truth is, there is still more, there is a lot more. When I went to Taiwan, Wu-Bai* made them for me. Considering I used them in Japan, it is natural to decide how many matches there will be. I discovered that today, because I didn't know it when I entered. So next is "Triumph". Probably "Triumph" I am sure. 
Q: "Triumph" has already been decided on? 
MUTOH: If it's already decided, it's naturally limited, and I finally understand Noah's purpose in terms of the number of matches.
Q: Next time you will meet Tanahashi on the 30th October in Ariake>
MUTOH: Well, he says he will stand out so he won't lose to me, but I stand out from everyone. Including the opponents, I will do my best with the ambition to stand out from everyone. 
Q: Tanahashi says that Mutoh will bring the goodies, but you won't let him do that? 
MUTOH: That is why we are going to have a standout match. 
Q: Is this the last Nakasu as an active wrestler? 
MUTOH: Yes. Forget about tomorrow for just a moment. If you come near me tomorrow, you'll smell it.  

SATOSHI KOJIMA
"I thoroughly enjoyed Keiji Mutoh's last Fukuoka. No matter how much time passes, he will always be a great senior, a great pro wrestler, and a superstar who will never appear again. I'm a pro wrestler who has a variety of desires, such as having a match today and wanting to tag one more time until retirement, or wanting to fight one more time. Leaving that aside for now, I would like to spend the rest of my time cherishing the time I spent with Keiji Mutoh. I don't know what will happen in the future, but Keiji Mutoh-ism is still alive in me. In 2002, we went to All Japan together and since then many things have happened, such as teaming up and fighting, breaking up and meeting again like this. But, truly, in my heart he has always been an amazing person and with that, I will continue to fight until Mutoh retires. Thank you very much. Let's go mutherfuckers!"

Notes
*Wu-Bai: Taiwanese singer
*Nakasu: The *ahem* entertainment district of Fukuoka that Mutoh likes to frequent when in Fukuoka. I don't think that is why he goes there though, the red light districts are famous for their hospitality and fine food and wine (amongst other things in the entertainment quarter). He's not Sugiura.  

NINJA MACK
"I am very happy that I was able to team up with the greatest legends today, and win the best victory. Thank you Noah for giving me this opportunity, and the next opportunity I have will finally be the Junior Heavyweight Championship match. So far, HAYATA's winning percentage is higher, but I think I have been able to prove that if I am blessed with a good time, it will lead to victory. With this momentum, next time I want it to lead to victory for myself, so that I can win the belt from HAYATA. 


HIDEKI SUZUKI & KAZUSHI SAKURABA

SUZUKI: Good job. Already superior.
SAKURABA: No, no, it's because Suzuki got a bit overwhelmed by Kenoh's attacks.
Q: Do you feel it was like a one of a kind from Funaki? 
SAKURABA: But it wasn't a one-on-one today, so I don't know. Anyway, in the beginning I was caught up in his pace, because I couldn't move as I thought. 
Q: What were the rules again? 
SAKURABA: The rules seem to be a short cut
SUZUKI: I don't think there is a short cut
SAKURABA: I wasn't included, but Suzuki...
SUZUKI: I don't think I did either. I don't remember...
SAKURABA: You were about to enter
SUZUKI: But, as there was no three count, you could can do a slow attack from below. 
SAKURABA: There is that, unless there is a three count. It's totally fine, as attacking from below won't hold you back. 
Q: This will be the first time in 15 years with Funaki? 
SUZUKI: It was before I made my debut 
SAKURABA: I don't remember it at all. The only thing I remember feeling like being kicked from below by Mr. Funaki, and it was crazy. 
Q: You don't remember if he changed? 
SAKURABA: Funaki is Funaki, isn't he? He's hard because I don't know what he is thinking, and he's kind of hard to read. 
SUZUKI: Maybe you are like each other (laughs)
SAKURABA: Technique is hard to read
Q: Do you feel like you are going to deceive each other? 
SAKURABA: Yes
SUZUKI: Do you feel you will be deceiving each other? 
SAKURABA: Yes. Deceiving each other is basically cheating. I took it a little too seriously at the end.
SUZUKI: Why did you do that all of a sudden? Aren't you a bad guy? 
SAKURABA: It's no good if you don't receive something. 
SUZUKI: Because he was a guy who was close to losing, he finally gave up. Even if you lose, you don't want him to win, do you? 
SAKURABA: If I don't take it (i.e. the technique), then I feel like I am going to lose here emotionally.
SUZUKI: It's not only about my feelings, but also about victory and defeat.
Q: What are your thoughts on the red belt again? 
SAKURABA: To say if that could easily beat Funaki-san, today would be a bit of a stretch, but if I can beat that span and it comes with a belt, that's a great thing. 
Q: Do you think it would be nice if this rule took hold? 
SAKURABA: It doesn't matter which way for me. 
Q: Suzuki, how were the rules today? 
SUZUKI: No, it was fun. I was able to see the great match of seniors. 
Q: From your point of view, what do you think will happen in this match? 
SUZUKI: Just like Sakuraba said earlier, they deceived each other. I mean, I think martial arts itself is about deception. It's a question of who is outsmarting you. It's not about accumulating damage. 
SAKURABA: That's why, once you've got a momentary burn...Suzuki, Kenoh's...
SUZUKI: Kick fighting? 
SAKURABA: It wasn't that, but to touch lightly on it, he's dangerous isn't he? He's powerful, so even if he skims you, your brain will shake. That's why if you don't go in as hard as you can, you can't enter, but even if you do that's why he is dangerous.
SUZUKI: Then, do you want to go out to eat? 
SAKURABA: Ok
SUZUKI: Please buy me a hotpot. Thank you for the meal. 
SAKURABA: Ok. Thank you very much. 

KENOH
"Funaki was defeated by Kazushi Sakuraba. Well, I believe that Funaki will definitely defeat him at Ariake Arena next for the National Championship, so I believe that the fight for the National is over. For me it's the Ariake Arena GHC Tag Championship, Sugiura & Kojima, Taka & Satoshi? Don't be fooled by the silly match again today, even if you guys have belts, Noah cannot see a future. Also, "Taka & Satoshi" say "Dangerous Detective*?" Isn't that strange? Taka & Satoshi are more slapstick*. "Dangerous Detective" is Taka and Yuji! SUGIURA, IF YOU REALLY WANT TO PLAY AT "DANGEROUS DETECTIVE", BRING YUJI NAGATA, YOU IDIOT!!!!

Notes
*Kenoh's original line was "European or American", I have changed this to "slapstick" as the majority of people will not be aware that this is the catchphrase of the Japanese comedy duo "Taka and Toshi"     
* "Dangerous Detective" was a TV show that ran from the 1980s until 2016. The two detectives, clad in suits and dark glasses, got into gunplay, fights, mischief etc. In short, they were loose cannon cops. The names of the "Dangerous Detective" cops were Taka & Yuji. 

Comments