(NOAH) GHC Junior Tag Match Signing: Ohara, "Thigh raise & Anya Words". Yoshioka emphasizes that, "If I lose, hit rock bottom"


Pro Wrestling DX
21st November 2022

Note about "Anya Words". Anya is a little girl from the anime "Spy x Family", who uses baby words like "Fankyou". There is no equivalent in English for this phrase, so I have left it in as it is.

Q: What are your thoughts on the title match? 
YOSHIOKA: The last time I lost, and I lost the belt. This time it is in the form of getting a rematch, but if I lose this time (the title match), I think I will be dropped to the bottom, not the back of the line, but to the point where I won't be able to return to the title front, so I will face heaven or hell with all my might. 
KOTOGE: I think I'm the reason why I lost the title match last time. I couldn't restrain Shuji Kondo at the last minute. He thinks it's his mistake. We won't repeat the same mistakes, and this time I want to shut out perfectly, and win in a perfect way.
OHARA: I teamed up with Kondo and won the belts, and miraculously the next day there was a joint event with DragonGate. It was a two day period in which I really felt the dragon gene. I think I can do interesting things with Kondo. Will this be the beginning of a new dream? And now, I think that junior tag fights are attracting attention in pro wrestling as a whole, and so I think it's a fight with that. I think it is my responsibility to beat the challengers, and win the other junior tag fights, and show that "This is the Noah Juniors", and so I will do my duty. 
KONDO: Rematch is really difficult. but rather than it being my partner, it was my great ally, Ohara. How is your (injured) leg?      


*Ohara slowly stands up and says "One! Two! Three!" He makes the peace sign and starts doing squats like a trainee*

KONDO (glaring coldly): I guess I can't defend myself...
Q: What as your impression after fighting Kotoge & Yoshioka?
KONDO: Well, I think the Noah Junior Regulars are branding the Noah Juniors, and it feels a little unreasonable. I think pro wrestling is a niche industry and after all, if we don't push that point then I think we'll end up with a pissing competition forever. Well, the enemy is Ohara. Why, as long as this guy is strong, I have no doubt about defense. It feels like a hinderance that he's really okay. 
*Ohara stands up again and does squats with "One! Two! Three!"
Q: Are your legs in perfect condition? 
OHARA: Well, it's nostalgic, isn't it? 19 years ago, I did these thigh lifts at the Toryumon JAPAN dojo in Kobe, and 19 years later, I am doing the same thing again...things that are ingrained in your body will not change over the years. As you can see, my legs are perfect now. In the morning I had ultrasound treatment, and next I entered an oxygen capsule...I have done everything for my feet (in Anya's language i.e. baby talk) "I'll do my best" 
Q: What kind of recovery will you make this time based on the last loss?
YOSHIOKA: Just when I thought the last time was a complete division, Shuji Kondo came in at the point where I was stuck with Hajime Ohara's tenacity and lost. I feel like we've lost because our style was stolen from us, so the next time we won't lose in that respect, and we want to divide and conquer. I will talk to Kotoge about that plan, right now, there are opponents so I can't tell you why. 
Q: Isn't there likely to be some negative reactions to the rematch? 
YOSHIOKA: I lost the title match, so I think it would be in the manner of going to the back of the line, so I am grateful to the champions for accepting the rematch. I think rematches are very risky, but we want to move forward without fear of risk. 
Q: Daisuke Harada continues to be absent from the junior regular army? 
KOTOGE: It may sound cold, but that doesn't matter to me. I don't want to be in a situation where the momentum has returned to the team because he's back. That's why I want to focus on what's in front of me and move forward believing in the power of the friends I have now.    
   

Comments